so i just got a ps3 from a buddie sept theres no hdd in it now ive read online that u can use laptop hdd just so happends i have a 2.5" sata 160g so im in luck just wondering what i need to do to the hdd so itll work in the ps3 " never owned or used a ps3" also ive heard that the ps3s are not backwards compatible sept the 20g is that true? is there anyway i can play ps2 games on my new ps3 slim?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

so i just got a ps3 from a buddie sept theres no hdd in it now ive read online that u can use laptop hdd just so happends i have a 2.5" sata 160g so im in luck just wondering what i need to do to the hdd so itll work in the ps3 " never owned or used a ps3" also ive heard that the ps3s are not backwards compatible sept the 20g is that true? is there anyway i can play ps2 games on my new ps3 slim?

I did this on my old one, you should just be able to slap the HDD in and it should work just fine...

As far as i am aware the 40, 60 and 80gb ps3's are the only ones that are backwards compatible

so it must be something in the systems bois then idk what this one came with stock but ur saying those 3 slims were backwards compatible

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

so it must be something in the systems bois then idk what this one came with stock but ur saying those 3 slims were backwards compatible

No the slims are not backwards compatible

Only the ones i listed and those are the old "fat" models

damn loooks like im outa luck then since ive never had a ps3 what are some good shooter games like socom for the ps3

not all of the older ones are backwards compatible. there were some that werent. as far as games go get battlefield bad company 2 and buy the vietnam expansion if you like the normal game. i have socom and i think it sucks. one of the worst shooters i have played imo.

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

ive been playing it on the ps2 online i love it :P i deff think i wana get the new call of duty. whats all the rave about nazi zombies been hearing mad shit but again never played

ive also heard that ps3 has free online game play where as the 360 is not is that true?

as far as the hard drive goes ya it has t be a sata drive for a laptop and it must be blank. if its got old shit on it from a laptop or wat ever u have to erase it 1st. i dud a 500gig swap on my old 40gig and it worked normally. all u gota do it format the disc but the ps3 will tell guide u threw that

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg