Second Skin Audio

Best Bang for the Buck(2x 12" DC Level 3s or x2 15" Alpine Type-Rs?)

Which is the best bang for the buck? x2 Type R 15s or x2 Level 3 12s? Im looking for massive flex with dependable long lasting lifes

-Vee

Thank You

THE YOTA(96'Camry LE)

Her Voice:

Kenwood KDC-MP345U Receiver

Two 12" HFi12D4 Subwoofers

Rockford Fosgate 201s Amp

Four Kenwood Excelon KFC-X693 6x9s

Even thought of goin x2 12 or 15 Kicker L7s...but...idk...im open to suggestions as well...just trying not to spend more than 400 or so for both woofers

Edited by MistahVee502

THE YOTA(96'Camry LE)

Her Voice:

next question do you have the space for a good proper enclosere for 2 15s?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

next question do you have the space for a good proper enclosere for 2 15s?

1996 toyota camry...i honestly dont know how much trunk space i have

THE YOTA(96'Camry LE)

Her Voice:

1996 toyota camry...i honestly dont know how much trunk space i have

I doubt you'll be able to get a ~9ft^3 box in there for a pair of 15's and still have room around it to breathe. I'd stick with some solid 12's...SSA Icons or SA-12's are a good choice. A lot of times in truck cars less is more.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

why do you WANT flex? do you want to be quieter or something? i dont get it.

and by what beanz means is, go measure the trunk in your car and try to see the biggest box you can fit realistically in it.

why do you WANT flex? do you want to be quieter or something?

He wants to be heard rattling down the street, doesn't everybody? :D

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

and by what beanz means is, go measure the trunk in your car and try to see the biggest box you can fit realistically in it.

I want to be loud as shit....as much ground poundage as possible...but like i said...i want a dependable system...one that i will not have to fix all the time and buy new shit for to make it work....i would measure my trunk right now but my tape measure broke about a week and a half ago...the tape measure housing split and the tape went EVERYWHERE lol

THE YOTA(96'Camry LE)

Her Voice:

I want to be loud as shit....as much ground poundage as possible...but like i said...i want a dependable system...one that i will not have to fix all the time and buy new shit for to make it work....i would measure my trunk right now but my tape measure broke about a week and a half ago...the tape measure housing split and the tape went EVERYWHERE lol

if you want to be a groundpounder, you need well over a thousand dollars in subwoofers and more thousands of dollars to power them. if you want a regular "loud" system, then 2 12's will be fine. and lol at tape measure. and by the way dude, shit wont break unless you abuse it. 99% of problems are the USERS (your) fault. you probably were clipping the absolute hell out of your amplifier and sending way dirty signals to your subwoofers, which overheated, and failed on your part.