Second Skin Audio

Box design. Please help!

Ok, I orderd my sub it's a fully loaded fi btl 18. I want to build the box starting tomorrow morning when I get off work, but I am confused on the tuning calculator. I found on the SSA FORUM the btl box specs for the 18 tuned to 32hrtz. But I Need some other options cause I don't think I can fit 40" across the bottom. I want to build it to hit the hardest and lowest. Which I have read to be around 32hrtz. Can Some one help me with a design for a box that would sound the best. I drive a 97 4 door blazer. And what would sound the bealst, port back sub up or port back sub back? Like I said I'm a total noob at building boxes so all help will be apprieciated!

Fi Btl 18

Audioque 3500D.1

2 runs of 0 gauge

Optima Yellow top under hood

Power Battery in back

Kenwood Excelon H/U

250 amp alt

Big 3

wut blitz said and i will work on one for u

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Wow thanks forth fast replys, I want musical, it's going to be daily beater. And I'll try to find max dimensions really quick, at work and not with vehicle.

Fi Btl 18

Audioque 3500D.1

2 runs of 0 gauge

Power Battery in back

Kenwood Excelon H/U

250 amp alt

Big 3

Ok I found on a website the demanding of the cargo area, the width is 38.1, from tailgate to back seat is 40.5. And the hieght 34.6

Fi Btl 18

Audioque 3500D.1

2 runs of 0 gauge

Power Battery in back

Kenwood Excelon H/U

250 amp alt

Big 3

Ok i was messing with the torres calculator, does this sound right so far. The hieght is 22.5, the width is 38, and the depth is 24. Now the port is hieght 21, width 5.5, and length, is it from the front of the box to where the port ends? like the 21.25 for the straight part and 8.25 for the L shape part, if so its 32.5. This makes the box 7.09ft tuned at 32.57 heartz. does this sound right so far? this is with sub back port back like the one on the ssa btl forum. I really want sub up port back with the port along the bottom of box.

Fi Btl 18

Audioque 3500D.1

2 runs of 0 gauge

Power Battery in back

Kenwood Excelon H/U

250 amp alt

Big 3

Ok guys, i really need to start this box so all help is appreciated. This is how i want the box to look and be built.

17352958.png

But im still confused on how to make the demensions. this is what ive come up with so far.

28273700.png

Am i doing this correctly? Can someone help me out with a better built design? I would like to go up to window line with the top, then pretty much side to side so its almost flush in there but leave enough space between the port and the tailgate for the best sound. Still want it tuned to 32 htz and its a fully loaded fi btl. Thanks guys

Fi Btl 18

Audioque 3500D.1

2 runs of 0 gauge

Power Battery in back

Kenwood Excelon H/U

250 amp alt

Big 3