itsanMTXthing Posted February 18, 2011 Report Posted February 18, 2011 Hi my name is Jamie and I drive a 1999 sunfire 2 door. In this car Im running 2 MTX 800 watt rms mono block amps pushing 4 12's at 2 ohms an amp, each mono has a 90Amp rating. And I also have 2 - 400 watt rms MTX speaker amps running 4 - 6.5's, and 4 - 5.25's, each speaker amp has a 50 amp rating. I need to know what size alternator and battery I should use to run this setup. I should also note that I'm interested in getting the kinetics battery to put in the trunk with an 80 amp isolator I already have. I'm using a yellow top to start the car and run it. Im planning on running the head unit off the kinetics battery as well. I will post some pics of the car as soon as I can figure out why this site wont let me upload them. Thank you for your help. cheers.
dugee81 Posted February 18, 2011 Report Posted February 18, 2011 all the fusing together adds up to around 280 amps, so i would honestly go for the biggest alt that fits within your budget. as for batteries, i would think a XS d3100 (along with the HO alt) will do the trick for daily driving. and no need for the isolator... unless youll be playing the system with the vehicle off. but i dont think that is recommended (low voltage is bad, and once youve been bangin on your sub with car off, i would imagine it would be somewhat low). 200a alt. by Excessive Amperage hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear 1/0awg + big 3 SAZ 3000D HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm
EclipseChris Posted February 18, 2011 Report Posted February 18, 2011 Remember, music is dynamic so just because you have 300a worth of fusing doesn't mean you'll need to provide that much all the time. i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
dugee81 Posted February 18, 2011 Report Posted February 18, 2011 Remember, music is dynamic so just because you have 300a worth of fusing doesn't mean you'll need to provide that much all the time. valid point, sir. maybe just get a battery in the rear then. if voltage isnt up to par, then consider adding an alt. 200a alt. by Excessive Amperage hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear 1/0awg + big 3 SAZ 3000D HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.