Second Skin Audio

Orion HCCA 12.2 w/ sundown audio 1500D

bigjsurdaddy

Any one think that this would be a good combo. Orion HCCA 12.2 running 1 ohm to a sundown audio 1500D. I know the sundowns are underrated in power but the HCCA takes 2k rms but i've heard that they don't start to sound good till you pump like 3k to them.

P.S. i already have the AMP so please don't suggest another amp. Another sub suggetion would be greatful if anyone nows of a single 12 that takes around 1500 rms that bangs pretty hard in a slotted box no bigger then 3.0 cubes. (not a ton of trunk space.

18" DC XL. my orion really started to shine around ~2200 watts. the sundown will pump some power, but i say you compensate with a sub that matches the power handling of the SA, while winning the battle via CONE AREA!!

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

18" DC XL. my orion really started to shine around ~2200 watts. the sundown will pump some power, but i say you compensate with a sub that matches the power handling of the SA, while winning the battle via CONE AREA!!

I don't have the height or the depth for a 18" sub. i still want to have some trunk space for everyday stuff.

alright, well an Orion HCCA is still a great choice. i had mine and was thoroughly pleased the entire time of ownership. have you compared prices of it, as compared to other woofers of similar specs? HCCA is BEAST!

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

alright, well an Orion HCCA is still a great choice. i had mine and was thoroughly pleased the entire time of ownership. have you compared prices of it, as compared to other woofers of similar specs? HCCA is BEAST!

i found the hcca for like 499. Most woofers are about that. I looked at the nightshade and it was 525. I have no clue what the dc xl cost.

I really like my hccas. I wouldn't sell them at any time. If I switched to something different id definatly keep my hcca stuff. I've been nothing but happy with mine. Hcca's are worth every penny!

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

I really like my hccas. I wouldn't sell them at any time. If I switched to something different id definatly keep my hcca stuff. I've been nothing but happy with mine. Hcca's are worth every penny!

so what do you think about th 3.0 cube limit and the SAZ1500D. Do you think the HCCA 12.2 would work fine.

RD audio alpha has been my favorite sub i've owned. i got it reconed with a longer bigger 8layer coil and beefed it up with a 34hz fs. but stock still gets pretty loud i'm running on a recoil red 1000.1 which supposedly does above rated this is half gain and it gets pretty loud for a single 12 in 2.25cu

-BriAn

12" RD Audio Alpha v2 with PAP softparts. 3"ww 8layer al vc

Recoil RED 1000.1

Audiopipe 0 gauge wiring kit

Kinetik hc600

5 Farad Capacitor

2.26cuft slot ported box tuned to 30hz

(bbp6 says its 37hz 12volt says 30hz)

so what do you think about th 3.0 cube limit and the SAZ1500D. Do you think the HCCA 12.2 would work fine.

3 cubes and 2K would work but the 12 and 15 inch hccas are the same exact sub except for the size. magnets and coils are the same. i have the 15" with im guessing about 2K right now(need another battery 2 turn it up another 5 or so clicks. running on a zx2500) and the sub really doesnt move that much. you need a shit ton of power to get that 4 inch excurion they say you get lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Archived