Protecting sub from theft help*

If you can bolt the box to the floor of the car, this prevents the box from moving around while driving as well as stopping a thief from just plucking the box from the car. After that you can purchase some tamper proof screws which require a special bit and that will ideally prevent them from removing it from the box.

Regardless of what you do, if a thief wants it, they can get it. Your best security measures are to make your car less of a target, ie no stickers, keep the interior clean, hide all electronics/valuables, remove the HU's faceplate, lock the glove box and install an alarm in an attempt to give them less time if they decide to break in anyways.

Edit: Obviously keeping the doors locked at all times helps. However, if you have a convertable, you may not want to lock it as the cost to replace the belongings may be less than to replace the top if they decide to cut it to get in.

in my jimmy i had two bolts going from the inside of the box to thru the metal and out the bottom with some washers and nuts. it was rigth above the spare compartment

for the subs i used screws that needed a square bit to put in or take out

like said already, if they want it they will get it. if they cant get it they will break it or cut it. just one of those things u gotta take a risk at when putting a system in ur vehicle. IMO just get an alarm, keep an eye on it when u can and leave it in the garage during nights.

i forgot... an alarm with a 2-way pager, dont forget a crowbar too. dont bringing a gun to a knife fight, i dont think it will look very good all over some stereo equipment.

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

Archived