Protecting sub from theft help*

I don't really have any innovative idea's of securing my sub box up from a potential theft.

Was thinking of chaining it up, but the chains would probly jingle to much and easy to cut.

Can anyone suggest some idea's that will work from what you see, thanks :)

pic of what I'm on about .. sub in trunk.

can't view that pic unless you're logged into yahoo...

and I have my sub box bolted down with the bolts that have the head with nothing to screw with...it has the square underneath it and just locks into a square hole, and then i have it bolted underneath the trunk...so it aint going anywhere..

that may be a possibility for you...if you understand what I did with mine...

I used a bolt like this

http://www.hyperline.com/catalog/defem/accessories/img/m6x25.jpg

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Buy 2 L brackets and bolt them to your sub box first. Then bolt them to the bottom of your trunk into the metal. Be careful you dont drill/bolt down into the fuel tank, that would be a big NO NO.

Buy 2 L brackets and bolt them to your sub box first. Then bolt them to the bottom of your trunk into the metal. Be careful you dont drill/bolt down into the fuel tank, that would be a big NO NO.

Lol I did that shit my first try and I got the tank. My car smelt like gas period. Until I sealed the holes up with silicone. I think my tank still has the holes. So far I had no problems and its been maybe over a year. So Im guessing its not a huge deal.

Lol I did that shit my first try and I got the tank. My car smelt like gas period. Until I sealed the holes up with silicone. I think my tank still has the holes. So far I had no problems and its been maybe over a year. So Im guessing its not a huge deal.

jesus..just asking my mate who a mechanic said get that shit checked LOL but then again i probably wouldn't care..

my friend..had idea build huge box with sub in baffle in..sealed it all in trunk..couldn't lift sub/box out of trunk..was great BUT when he blew it..had smash box get it out

other was a wall in small car..the 15s where to deep to pull out UNLESS seats are out..but yeh screw it into metal will do the trick..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

jesus..just asking my mate who a mechanic said get that shit checked LOL but then again i probably wouldn't care..

my friend..had idea build huge box with sub in baffle in..sealed it all in trunk..couldn't lift sub/box out of trunk..was great BUT when he blew it..had smash box get it out

other was a wall in small car..the 15s where to deep to pull out UNLESS seats are out..but yeh screw it into metal will do the trick..

Haha I should get it checked huh. But I can't smell any fuses anymore. So I kinda forgot about it lol. Someone from a auto body shop was the one that told me to use silicone to plug the holes on my trunk and said that it would drip down to the tank lol idk if thats what really happened but I'm guessing it did cuz there's no smell.

If you can bolt the box to the floor of the car, this prevents the box from moving around while driving as well as stopping a thief from just plucking the box from the car. After that you can purchase some tamper proof screws which require a special bit and that will ideally prevent them from removing it from the box.

Regardless of what you do, if a thief wants it, they can get it. Your best security measures are to make your car less of a target, ie no stickers, keep the interior clean, hide all electronics/valuables, remove the HU's faceplate, lock the glove box and install an alarm in an attempt to give them less time if they decide to break in anyways.

Edit: Obviously keeping the doors locked at all times helps. However, if you have a convertable, you may not want to lock it as the cost to replace the belongings may be less than to replace the top if they decide to cut it to get in.

this duh...

lmfao that was great

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

Archived