tdc3187 Posted February 20, 2011 Report Posted February 20, 2011 It's going to be a trunk car (2008 ford fusion). I'm building a box for two 12's, sub and port forward. The rear seats fold down in two sections, small section folds down behind passenger seat, larger 2/3 section has to remain up 99% of the time. The ports, (2) 6" aero ports, would fit better centered in the box. But would be obstructed by the back seat. My only other option is ports in the opening on passenger side so they aren't blocked at all. I would probably just have to trim the flares a little bit. I'm leaning to have the ports on the passenger side but I would like to hear from the pros. Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/
Robert8252 Posted February 20, 2011 Report Posted February 20, 2011 Do you compete? If not port in the center will be a louder overall sound kind of and having port on passenger side will be a little louder in the drivers seat. Honestly its not going to be a huge noticeable difference to the ear usually but it would be on the meter. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
tdc3187 Posted February 20, 2011 Author Report Posted February 20, 2011 I won't compete. Just looking to demo, something that sounds crazy good, something to pound on. I just dont want to build another box, I have already built three that got scrapped. This is one of the last details i was unsure about. Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/
tdc3187 Posted February 20, 2011 Author Report Posted February 20, 2011 port centered and blocked behind the seat isn't going to hurt performance too much right? Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.