Second Skin Audio

Crossfire xt2 15

hey all a pleasure being a member of one of the legends in car audio's forum, i have had this sub for 4 years pounding the hell out of it had 2 crossfire 600's hooked up to it in a wall doing 150.3 db (MECA) since the past 4 years i had it out of my ride and got a new vehicle since then it started to rip around the edges (come apart from the basket) and my tinsle leads started to get hot and break so for the last 6 months about every week or 2 i am down to 1 voice coil or no sound so i have to pull it out and fix it (resolder the tinsel leads) i know it is dying but it is the best sub i have ever had and i can't find anything that compares to it i do have 2 other subs i swap in and out but they do no justice of what it can, right now it is in a 97 zr2 blazer 2dr 4x4 it has a cadence 1600 on it cap 2 guage and bridged at .7 ohms amp runs it fine could throw 2 on that sub and handle it, but anyway my question is can i order a FI recone kit for it and recone it if so which one do i need, if not do i need to find someone that can get a crossfire recone kit? my other 2 subs don't compare, i have a RE SeX series 15 and a Sr series re aswell, and the box is like 4-4.5 cubic feet i will throw some pics up if i can find em here soon

thanks for the time and help hopefully someone can help.

Steve.

fix my speaker might be able to help or maybe foreverbumpin on here might be able to recone it for you

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

DD actually OEM those subs IIRC.

And its possible you won't get the same performance with a hybrid sub. Also, some organization doesn't allow hybrid subs. So if you compete, make sure they allow it.

I would actually try to contact Crossfire first. They have there number posted on their website.

Try them first, then if not, you can try other places.

k thanks guys i wanna get this sub back in before i blow another RE.... it is massive i used it to compete at MECA and a DB drag never anything else, i know the box with a wall is great but in the truck i have it is too big gonna make a new box and re run stuff in the truck while i have it out, but if i do the recone i wanna try myself i now have 2 of these bad boys and they slam let me tell you box is tuned at about 42hz if i can figure out how to upload a photo from my computer i have some pics to show you the box and the subs what the one is doing other is locked up but wanna recone it too

i also can't wait i usually do nothing extra to the vehicle as far as extra batteries alternators and such, but i am upping the amps on my standard 90amp alternator to 160 which isn't alot to alot of you but a big jump for me, only thing i really do is up the wire on the battery from alternator to battery 2guage grounds and main power is all 0guage new grounds and out with the old helps feed more current to quickly recharge things and give em some power. also in the works a desktop computer hooked into my touchscreen deck gonna disassemble the desktop and run the drive under the touchscreen and extend power button and a few other things when i figure out how to post a normal pic from a digital cam i will post pics but i am new to the forum stuff so can't figure it out

Edited by XXXG0T3MXXX

i won't be able to get the recone kit for the crossfire's but all i really want is to have them bumping not worried about comp, need 2 recone kit's dual 1.8 ohm coils the coil is 3 1/4" diameter 4 3/4" from dustcap to the end of the coil if someone could direct me to where to get them would be much appreciated anything to get my monsters back up and running

so i got ahold of fixmyspeaker.com waiting for a response, so in the meantime i think i may have found an alt. solution crossfire makes the XS series now (same as xt but the newer line up) same specs and all so i may be able to get ahold of the local dealer i originally got them off of and he may be able to order them, but he closed shop 2 years ago and working for the only shop in town. wish me luck.....

well good news just got off the phone with crossfire turns out you don't have to be a dealer, i got the recones in the making and they will be here by the weekend then i can start to build a box and it's gonna be a monster the specs call for 3-6 cubic feet i have one in a 4.7 cubic feet atm (or close) so a 6 cubic ft. probbably make them proper will keep you all posted