doyletr Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 Whats up guys. So right now I have 2 12" subs in my trunk with some box they came with. I wanted to get into the whole building custom boxes thing and was wondering where is a good place to start with learning how to build them, what port sizes I should use, how to know what to tune things to, what computer software people use to outline the general designs. Basically where is a good point for a noob to start at and go from there?
doyletr Posted February 22, 2011 Author Report Posted February 22, 2011 Also, just for reference, I want to start learning this kinda stuff because eventually I want to put 4 12s in my trunk. I currently have 2 12s and another 2 sitting in my room collecting dust so I figured what the hell, lets build a box for 4 12s.
WillPwn4Food Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 On a second note: Mixing subwoofer types/brands isn't always a great idea. firstly, the two brands will have to have separate subwoofer boxes (Or at least separate chambers from the other two), and a separate amp. Different subs have different specifications and separate needs. You'd be best off selling two of them, and buying another one (or two) of the same type you already have in there, or selling them all, and getting two decent 15's. Just my $.02. Edit: Forgot to add this, but most people either draw their stuff out, or use CAD (Computer Aided Designing) programs. First step is taking measurements of how big the box can be, then brainstorm, and go from there. Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
moto211 Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 this should help you wuth the box building , its a good video CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee[/size]
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.