Jump to content

Mids for Rear Doors?


8000watts

Recommended Posts

Posted

so right now i have a set of 6.5" alpine type r components in the front bridged and running off of a power acoustik bamf (the 500w one). sounds good but i know how it should sound and the car that i took the system out of had 6x9's in the back, while this has (i get mixed answers) 5.25s but can take certain 6.5s (2000 maxima w/bose. well used to have bose). i was wondering what u think would add to this system as far as rear door speakers for around $110, and if anyone has ever amped a bose speaker. i'm tempted to do that temporarily b4 i get the other speakers. oh and i guess to help u help me, it feels like its lacking the overall midrange sound a little.

Posted

Problem with some BOSE speakers are the impedance. Some are 1ohm, 4ohm, 8ohm.. I would recommend you buying a better amplifier for your front speakers before you do anything else. Buy a Arc Audio XXD2080 for the fronts... it will make a HUGE difference!!

Not all amps are created equal & most do not output the rated power, atleast not without ALOT of audible distortion...

Posted

Problem with some BOSE speakers are the impedance. Some are 1ohm, 4ohm, 8ohm.. I would recommend you buying a better amplifier for your front speakers before you do anything else. Buy a Arc Audio XXD2080 for the fronts... it will make a HUGE difference!!

Not all amps are created equal & most do not output the rated power, atleast not without ALOT of audible distortion...

yea.. my only issue with that amp (hopefully i was looking at the right one), is that its 2 channel.. i kno for a fact that ima amp the back speakers and i kinda think that it'll b better for future adjusting and things like that to get a 4 channel.. plus, for right now, that amp isn't that bad.. actually pretty clean.. of course there's better but it's not the worst i've heard. i guess im looking for the rear fill right now at this point.. any ideas on speakers then for my scenario?

Posted

Most people who have had GREAt sounding systems do not run rear-fill. I have in the past but for the last 10yrs I don't even consider it. some people like it, some people want sound for their passengers. Here is what you do. Buy a CHEAP pair of speakers for the back & run them off of your radio. No external amp needed. Look into the cheap Hertz Audio speakers. Very efficient & actually sound good. I know you are somewhat satisfied with your amp now, but trust me...not all amps are created equal & try to ignore manufactures specs on most brands. The specs are from a controlled lab & mean little to in-car response with our dynamic music, squishy voltage systems & how the speakers react to the amps (impedance changes).

Try to find a nice 2ch amp, like the Arc Audio I recommended above.. you will love the output & super clean sound that it provides.. Not JL Price but for the money, you won't find better...

Posted

Sounds good.. I might just have to hear a car in person that has no rear fill and still sounds like it's not missing something. The only issue is, I don't really kno any REAL car audio enthusiasts in Philly so I don't really get to hear too many ppl with systems, and the few I hear r horribly distorting and all the other stuff it shouldn't b doing.. I just need an example.. Ima look into that amp to c if I can find somewhere to have me a listen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 790 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...