help a brotha out

Alright so i searched this some, and ive asked a few people local to me and get different answers. I have no experience doing this so... :pardon:

I have a Panasonic CQ-VW100U double din. It only has one subwoofer pre out. meaning only one, not left and right. Can i run a Y splitter with this head unit? Ive gotten a yes and a no, someone said that if i split the signal it will freak out the amp and cause the subs to pulse. and in fact he did this with his dual head unit right in front of me and sure enough the subs started pulsating with no music playing... so before i tear anything up i thought i would ask if anyone knows for sure or can lend some advice on this? All my other double dins have been alpine, which have a normal sub output on them.

Thanks in advance guys!

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

From a quick google search it seems that you'll have to use a y-splitter. How else would you do it? Other than getting a new head unit. I say just try it. You could run that 1 RCA back and then use the splitter right at the amp, with like a 1ft 2 channel RCA cable

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Alright so i searched this some, and ive asked a few people local to me and get different answers. I have no experience doing this so... :pardon:

I have a Panasonic CQ-VW100U double din. It only has one subwoofer pre out. meaning only one, not left and right. Can i run a Y splitter with this head unit? Ive gotten a yes and a no, someone said that if i split the signal it will freak out the amp and cause the subs to pulse. and in fact he did this with his dual head unit right in front of me and sure enough the subs started pulsating with no music playing... so before i tear anything up i thought i would ask if anyone knows for sure or can lend some advice on this? All my other double dins have been alpine, which have a normal sub output on them.

Thanks in advance guys!

I have never heard of a y splitter causing anything to pulse. First off, are you trying to get the signal to multiple amps or just one amp? If you are trying to go to 2 amps, yes, just use a y splitter. IF it is only going to 1 monoblock amp, usually just the one rca is sufficient since it is only one channel anyways.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

I have never heard of a y splitter causing anything to pulse. First off, are you trying to get the signal to multiple amps or just one amp? If you are trying to go to 2 amps, yes, just use a y splitter. IF it is only going to 1 monoblock amp, usually just the one rca is sufficient since it is only one channel anyways.

You would think that because its a "mono" signal and a "mono" amplifier", I googled this and someone said it made a big difference between using one and two (using y-splitter as opposed to not).

I say @ OP, never hurts to just try running 1 RCA back and seeing how it works out.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

OK, im going to try it, Ive never used a Y splitter before, but when he did it sure enough it freaked his subs out like his amp wasn't grounded well or something lol. i have a Y splitter i bought, so im going to use it up at the HU since i already ran RCAs to the rear. Im only using one amp for subs. I was pretty sure that's the only way to do it, but it scared me after watching his subs pulse like that, they were like full excursion during pulse too, cant be good on woofas :good:

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

You would think that because its a "mono" signal and a "mono" amplifier", I googled this and someone said it made a big difference between using one and two (using y-splitter as opposed to not).

I say @ OP, never hurts to just try running 1 RCA back and seeing how it works out.

It depends on how the amplifier is designed. On some mono amps, such as the Sundowns, you only need to hookup one of the RCAs since they are connected internally anyway.

OK, im going to try it, Ive never used a Y splitter before, but when he did it sure enough it freaked his subs out like his amp wasn't grounded well or something lol. i have a Y splitter i bought, so im going to use it up at the HU since i already ran RCAs to the rear. Im only using one amp for subs. I was pretty sure that's the only way to do it, but it scared me after watching his subs pulse like that, they were like full excursion during pulse too, cant be good on woofas :good:

I'm interested if anyone else has seen this or heard of this, but to me it sounds like he has an equipment problem of some type.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

^^^^ I would say so. I though to myself that it should work just fine, but he must have a problem somewhere. Anyways im running an AP3K so im not sure but bet you must use both RCAs. We'll find out tonight, im gonna hook it up and test it out...

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

im gonna try it tonight, and always rule number one in car audio, disconnect the battery first haha :drink40:

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com