Second Skin Audio

Best box specs for an RE SX 10"?

I am getting an RE SX 10" (not the new kind) and am wondering what size of ported box would be best for it? I am thinking of tuning it to right around 30Hz, and it will be ran off of an Audiopipe AP15001D. The box i will be building will be going into an Extended cab GMC Sonoma.With a Pioneer AVH 3200BT. Thanks for the help.

Oh, and by the way, DON'T buy the sub in my avatar. It may look like an RE MT, but its not. Its a Lanzar Optidrive 1233D. They make everything seemingly identical to the MT except they make the coil and coil-hole size for the top plate of the motor a couple of hundredths of an inch smaller than a "real" 3" coil, so you cant get a recone, just a paper weight. And Lanzars customer service is a joke. .....Me, "Hello, i was wondering if i could get a recone kit for a lanzar 1233d?". Parts man who can barely speak English, "Oh! U want buy speaker?!" and it continues like this until i hang up.

Edited by detroitdiesel

I've done a couple in the 1.25-1.5ft^3 area with tunings in the 30-32hz range...all of them turned out well, the SX doesn't seem to be too picky. Depending on the power you're working with, I'd stay within those specs.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...