LZTYBRN Posted February 25, 2011 Report Posted February 25, 2011 I'm going to get this receiver soon, and I had a few questions on choosing the right speakers for my room. First of all, it says if you use channel A and B at the same time, you need 16 ohm speakers. The highest I was able to find was 4 ohms. So, does this mean I'll have to buy SIXTEEN speakers just to get up to 16 ohms each (4 speakers per left/right per channel)? Or does someone know where I could get some 16 or 8 ohm speakers? (Not home theater speakers that come in the enclosure already) Okay, if I'm able to get speakers of high enough impedance, should I just get some 2-way speakers, or should I try and do separate mids and highs? I have never even touched a tweeter before, so I have no idea how to wire it. Can I put a tweeter and a speaker wired together in series? Parallel? Or should I use channel A for mids, and channel B for highs? How about the enclosures? Can mids and highs go in the same box, or would I need to have a divider?
Southnash Posted February 25, 2011 Report Posted February 25, 2011 uhmm...I'm assuming you are building a home sound system, right? Are you wanting to use car speakers?? Most HOME speakers are 8ohm. If your wanting to add MORE speakers to the system, consider buying a 5.1 receiver instead of a 2 channel receiver. Explain more on what your trying to achieve...
dugee81 Posted February 25, 2011 Report Posted February 25, 2011 Check out parts-express.com 200a alt. by Excessive Amperage hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear 1/0awg + big 3 SAZ 3000D HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm
OldsBoomer Posted February 25, 2011 Report Posted February 25, 2011 eminence has 16 ohm speakers.. pricey but good Suburban Coming Soon
LZTYBRN Posted February 25, 2011 Author Report Posted February 25, 2011 Yeah, it's going in my room. And I don't WANT to add more speakers, it just seems like I'm going to have to. The reason I don't want to use home speakers is because I want to build my own enclosure for them. I think I'll just get 2 pairs of speakers and only use one channel for now. And I checked out eminence, and it seems they only have tweeters and subwoofers. But I still need help with this part: should I just get some 2-way speakers, or should I try and do separate mids and highs? I have never even touched a tweeter before, so I have no idea how to wire it. Can I put a tweeter and a speaker wired together in series? Parallel? Or should I use channel A for mids, and channel B for highs? How about the enclosures? Can mids and highs go in the same box, or would I need to have a divider? 2-ways seem a lot easier and cost effective, so I'm leaning towards those, unless somebody can convince me otherwise.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.