Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Just Ordered Fi BTL N2 18


Recommended Posts

Posted

Yessir IF the sub is a dual 2 ohm sub

Should be. I emailed Fi to get my order changed to dual two ohm instead of one. I'm still learning, appreciate the help from everybody.

Hey, just for shits and giggles, say I was to use the 1 ohm sub. How the hell do you bridge amps and run around whatever wierd number of ohms you guys said? You got a diagram for that one?

If you want to change orders, go post a thread on SSA in the Fi section with your reference number.

Your email might not get read fast enough.

And or email [email protected]

Posted

Yessir IF the sub is a dual 2 ohm sub

Should be. I emailed Fi to get my order changed to dual two ohm instead of one. I'm still learning, appreciate the help from everybody.

Hey, just for shits and giggles, say I was to use the 1 ohm sub. How the hell do you bridge amps and run around whatever wierd number of ohms you guys said? You got a diagram for that one?

If you want to change orders, go post a thread on SSA in the Fi section with your reference number.

Your email might not get read fast enough.

And or email [email protected]

I e-mailed both the sales and orders e-mails. Do you think it will be necessary to e-mail Nick as well?

Posted

Correct. When you say "bridge," I assume you mean "connect" right? Bridging is completely different

I was unaware "bridge" was a technical term. I just happened to use that word to describe what I saw in the picture.

But yes, you assumed correct :P

Posted

Lets educate you a little bit.

There is two ways to wire speakers (voice coils in this situation) together.

1. Wire them in "Series"

Heres a word 'diagram' for you, lol:

Amplifier positive ---(wire)--- +O- ---(wire)--- +O- ---(wire)--- Negative amplifier.

Obviously the O's represent the speakers, and the +/- represent the positive and negative connections on the speakers/voice coils.

Say that instead of speakers the O's represented the two 1ohm voice coils on your sub. Each voice coil is 1 ohm.

When voicecoils are ran in series the ohm loads are added together.

Wiring a dual 1 ohm sub in series would result in a 1+1=2 ohm load.

Wiring a dual 2 ohm sub in series would result in a 2+2=4 ohm load.

2. Wire them in "Parallel"

EDIT:

Refer to the pic posted above by Burko (you) for parallel wiring, my diagram didnt format correctly, haha.

When you run two 1ohm voice coils in parallel configuration the ohm load is cut in half.

a dual 1ohm sub wired in parallel would = a .5ohm load.

a dual 4ohm sub wired in parallel would = a 2ohm load

I hope that made your life a little more enlightened, haha.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Posted

Yessir IF the sub is a dual 2 ohm sub

Should be. I emailed Fi to get my order changed to dual two ohm instead of one. I'm still learning, appreciate the help from everybody.

Hey, just for shits and giggles, say I was to use the 1 ohm sub. How the hell do you bridge amps and run around whatever wierd number of ohms you guys said? You got a diagram for that one?

If you want to change orders, go post a thread on SSA in the Fi section with your reference number.

Your email might not get read fast enough.

And or email [email protected]

I e-mailed both the sales and orders e-mails. Do you think it will be necessary to e-mail Nick as well?

Nick usually answer emails the quickest.

But posting on the SSA forum might be your best bet.

Posted

um post in the fi section here nick usually responds once a day at least and usually in the morning

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4519 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...