Lunch's Charade, 6x15"s & 18,000rms

what kind of power are them amps rated it i tried to do some research on them but couldnt find anything

he said there rated for 6060rms at 18v

this is one badass build man i love it. one thing driving me crazy though. what is the yellow wire lol i want it bad.

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Looking good steve, Didnt really get a listen at the last comp but will have to on the next.

what kind of power are them amps rated it i tried to do some research on them but couldnt find anything

this is one badass build man i love it. one thing driving me crazy though. what is the yellow wire lol i want it bad.

Thats stinger cable if i recall correct :)

as Loudcivic has already posted they rated at 6060rms @ 18v

infact here's the rated power figures...

• 1920 watts RMS @ 4ohm: 14v
  • 3360 watts RMS @ 2ohm: 14v
  • 4980 watts RMS @ 1ohm: 14v
  • 5136 watts RMS @ 1ohm: 16v
  • 6060 watts RMS @ 1ohm: 18v

a couple of these have been clamped and here are some results seen...

1ohm nominal

input

16.37v

260A

output

107.8v

30.2A

which works out to be:

3255w @ 3.56ohm and 16.4v

0.25ohm

input

15.0v

750A

output

73.6v

80.5A

which works out to be:

5925w @ 0.91ohm and 15v

so they're not a LONG way off doing rated power, but you really do need to throw alot of voltage at them to get them firing up, minimizing voltage drop is also VERY important, as you can see the power drops off significantly with voltage, i'm actually hoping to order 4x Excessive Amperage 350a alts with variable voltage setup, but this will be coming down the track a little alts aren't cheap, especially when you have to ship them out here! lol

thanks man! glad you like the build!

the yellow cabling is actually Stinger Pro series from a few years ago, so great cable, y'kno the obvious specs 100% ofc copper, the usual stuff... not as flexi as the newer HPM line, but better cable imo, much like alot of whats in this car, this stuff was left over new-old-stock...

and again thank to everyone for posting up, when i know others are liking what they see here it encourages me to go out and work harder on this, so thank you all for posting up!!

SMD-1.png

Looking good steve, Didnt really get a listen at the last comp but will have to on the next.

thanks man, last comp was a faily hectic night for me, what with running home to grab the replacement woofers, then the line driver sending clipped signal, then the amp letting go, getting there at 3pm, but not having the car making noise till after 8pm was pretty stressful, all i wanted to do was to get it in the lanes and Bass Racing, which it did, but after a few full noise runs back to back, and just getting everything right the gear was too hot to demo for too long, wasn't till after midnight when most everyone had left that i really got to actually enjoy the car!

but i've got the thing pretty sorted now, i know what songs work for Bass Race, and i've got a couple of GOOD songs for demo-ing, so there'll be PLENTY of demos going at the next show!!

SMD-1.png

only 6kw out of such long amp?

Show some guts if you have any from the amp

yup only 6kw! these amps are relatively old, before companies like Sound Digital etc were getting 16kw from chassis 1/4 of the size...

for the size they really don't do ALOT of power, but the price was too goo to turn down, plus at the end of the day, size isn't a major issue for me, i have the room, so these amps worked out perfect for me...

here's a gut shot from the amp

38282_1525445463170_1445660895_1389350_7912903_n.jpg

definitely not the neatest, nor greatest amps around, but they suit my needs perfectly...

SMD-1.png

hey steve, the build looks great! i also like the little head unit trick. i just had two questions about the build. 1. what are both of the ports tuned at, and 2. do you have any plans for seats?

overall, looks fantastic. I have been looking at builds on this site for a while, but this is the first one that got me to pop my comment cherry! cheers from florida!

hey steve, the build looks great! i also like the little head unit trick. i just had two questions about the build. 1. what are both of the ports tuned at, and 2. do you have any plans for seats?

overall, looks fantastic. I have been looking at builds on this site for a while, but this is the first one that got me to pop my comment cherry! cheers from florida!

thanks for those kind words there thaxton and of course the interest in the build!!

the rear chambers are tuned @ 26hz, and the front @ 52hz (or at least it will be when i finally finish off the trim panels for the front port mouth)

so far the car has been peaking @ 38hz, but i think that will drop quite a bit once we throw some more power at the subs (higher voltage into the amps etc)

as for seats, i've actually got something planned very smilar to trippi's hummer build, where there'll be a seat base, but no seat backs... as where the box comes out to really doesn't allow for a decent seating position with any factory seats, it pushes you RIGHT up against the steering wheel, and i'm a chucky enough guy as it is with trying to squeeze into such a small seat... lol

as this also gets driven around quite alot at car shows (not just into/out of the lanes) i need to have some form of comfort in there,

but this won't be going ahead fully until i sort out exactly whats happening with the front stage amps etc...

SMD-1.png

i'd also like to point out at this point that this car is being built as a full ground up show stopper...

i know right now it's looks are fairly "ghetto" actually it's REALLY ghetto, but the body work currently is 110%, but i want to get the interior/sound system 110% before laying on any paint,

the body it's self has been completely shaved, all door handles, antenna, wipers, side indicators, and even a couple of body lines have been filled...

here's a couple of pics from before i started getting serious on the system...

24604_376295183919_756723919_3772756_348933_n.jpg

24604_376295203919_756723919_3772760_5643656_n.jpg

24604_376295198919_756723919_3772759_2792154_n.jpg

24604_376295188919_756723919_3772757_7631327_n.jpg

as you can see ALOT of work has gone into getting the body perfect, the plan was to have paint applied only a week after these pics were taken, but when the decision was made to get a little more serious with the install, the paint was delayed, as i see no point in damaging a fresh paint job whilst re-building the wall...

but no that the integral work on getting the car loud has been done, i'm now looking at "pretty-ing" everything up alot...

but i thought some of you might like to see those pics, and i don't want you all thinking it will always look like this...

SMD-1.png

Archived