Second Skin Audio

NEED BOX/ AERO PORT HELP!

Carroot1

Ok so i want to build a new box this weekend,

My maximum dimensions are H 13.75in W 30.00in D 26.5in.

The subs I will be using are 2 SA 12s and an AQ1200D for an amp. I do plan on upgrading to a a 2200D soon.

I cannot fit a 3 common all port back with subs back it will not work due to the width of the trunk.

So heres what I've come up with, I need 3.5 net cubes tuned to 30-Hz with good port area. I have cut a hole in behind my arm rest in the back seats the dimensions of that are H 11.00in W 9.00in

My other option would be to port through the rear deck. I thought I would be able to fit forward through the rear armrest and subs up but I forgot the height of the port will interfere with the placement of the subs. Does anyone have any ideas? I would love to pay but I don't have the money. T

Thanks,

Eric

mJzD9.png

I got phasing issues porting into the cabin of my car with the subs back and not sealed off or in a 4th order so I'm not sure how well it'd work with subs up and port into cab

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I got phasing issues porting into the cabin of my car with the subs back and not sealed off or in a 4th order so I'm not sure how well it'd work with subs up and port into cab

thanks to for replying. What do you mean phasing issues? explain please.

mJzD9.png

Basically the air from the port was entering the cabin before the sine wave from the subs was, which led to the subs not being nearly as loud as in my setup with the subs back/port back. Had I sealed off the trunk and fired the subs forward it would probably have worked great but I just bought a few sheets of MDF and knew I was going to try multiple designs to figure out what works best for my car.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Archived