My daughter (7 year old)heard a car the other day boomin beside us and fell in love with the bass and asked why my stereo doesn't sound like that. I havent had a system since 1994 and Im not getting any younger so heres my new starter build I recently purchased last week. Seen the hair tricks on youtube and been loggin into chat every night for a week so far. Must say some pretty helpful people to chat with.

Kenwood KDC-BT645U

Kenwood-KDC-BT645U-3.jpgHPIM5625.jpg

Rockford Fosgate T500-1bd

HPIM5488.jpg

X2 12" Memphis Dual 40hm C3 woofers in Dual 12" Vented Black Box

HPIM5484.jpg

Twisted Pair RCA 6.5m

4AWG Power Wire Kit

17ft 12AWG speaker wire

2-30 Watt ADJ lev Knob is for my daughters music (Pink) kills me that loud lol

HPIM5626.jpg

Bought the car 3months ago and my time is limited but I have got around to taking Passat lettering off the trunk and painting it black. Will do VW signs front and back soon. Windows @ 20% and yes I got a ticket last week grr.

HPIM5485.jpg

HPIM5492.jpg

HPIM5490.jpg

Cars dirty inside I do about 3000miles a month driving in town and around but its a work in progress. Any ideas or suggestions for what to do next in any particular order would be great.

• 2 months later...

Looking for box patterns or ideas wanting to add 2 more 12"s and a another amp. If you have time please reply a few ideas. I will be building box at my house and can rip out everything in the trunk including spare so ill have some room.

Couple questions if anyone can help me with.

1) Should the speakers face up or still towards the trunk ?

2) Can i go with wood or should I try my hands in fiberglass ?

3) Also can i use my memphis and add 2 rockford punch 12" as I got some new ones free from a repo I did ?

4) If I add another same or higher watt amp what route should I go for more power from the car ( batteries, alts, or chargers ) ?

This will be for personal use only so doesnt have to be super clean like like most vehicles in here :).

Just want hard hitting window shaking bass.

Any help would be great thanks for the info.

i had no clue the trunk was so big in the Passat. I say get a couple of nasty 15"s (18"s if you're man enough) and built a box in the trunk. DC make nice sized alts for the Passat also. You have the potential to put up some big numbers if you're serious.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for box patterns or ideas wanting to add 2 more 12"s and a another amp. If you have time please reply a few ideas. I will be building box at my house and can rip out everything in the trunk including spare so ill have some room.

Couple questions if anyone can help me with.

1) Should the speakers face up or still towards the trunk ?

2) Can i go with wood or should I try my hands in fiberglass ?

3) Also can i use my memphis and add 2 rockford punch 12" as I got some new ones free from a repo I did ?

4) If I add another same or higher watt amp what route should I go for more power from the car ( batteries, alts, or chargers ) ?

This will be for personal use only so doesnt have to be super clean like like most vehicles in here :).

Just want hard hitting window shaking bass.

Any help would be great thanks for the info.

as to if they should face any which direction i would honestly go with a custom fiberglass common enclosure uing differnt subs will not make a difference as long as they are wired to different amps, depending on the ohmage of each sub, the amp a from rf is a great choice i have always had them i have no complaints, i would honestly go with another battery with some 2/0 gauge from the front to the back and at least 2 gauge to your amps and i would def upgrade your alt to be safe

Thanks for the info thinking about adding another rf 500-1 for the same 2 memphis to see how it sounds. Speaker specs say i can add more just kinda stuck on box positioning i actually do need the spare (flat yesterday).

Thanks for the info thinking about adding another rf 500-1 for the same 2 memphis to see how it sounds. Speaker specs say i can add more just kinda stuck on box positioning i actually do need the spare (flat yesterday).

that sucks it deffinately limits your build opportunities what ever you do do not buy a rockford fosgate prime 500.1 monoblock the "feet" snapped right off on mine i am planning on replacing it and selling it to get something more sturdy

Archived