So i have a 90' cherokee, 4.0 amc I6, with the auto 3spd trans, when i get on the throttle in my jeep, i can rev to about 1700rpm, then its like it slips into neutral, and i have to rev to about 3500rpm before it grabs again, and if i have the throttle down, holding at 1750-2000rpm in 3rd, and i let of the pedal slowly, it will shift down into 2nd, and wont shift up again until i get it to about 4000rpm, its been like this since i bought it last year, im more of an engine guy, but it seems like a bad torque converter to me, but like i said, im more of an engine guy, im not too familiar with the workings of auto-trans', so if you guys know what i could be, let me know. it has about 250k on the engine and trans so when i can i will be swapping it for another motor and trans with lower miles, but i'd like to know what the problem is before i swap.

any ideas guys?

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

My first guess would be a bad/worn out clutch pack. Once the clutches are worn, they can no longer keep friction, thus causing the slipping. Is it in 3rd only. If so it may be a worn band or a servo issue, that is if you trans has a band, it may not.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.