Looking for opinions on DVD head units

I've currently have a Kenwood Excelon KVT-915DVD head unit and am trying to decide if I'm going to run it or not. I was really hot on the idea when I first got it but now I'm undecided on if I'll really use the DVD screen as much as I thought. I have a decent deck in my car now with my iPod and I'm happy with it, just wanted the screen for movies and stuff. So how much do people really use their DVD players compared to what the thought they would when it was first purchased? I know I can't base my entire opinion on other people's opinions but I just don't know if I want to go to all the trouble to install it and only use it a few times.

I just like having a touch screen. Every once in a while I have music videos I'll play. Or longer road trips I'll throw a Dave Chapelle season in or something to more listen to or less.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I just like having a touch screen. Every once in a while I have music videos I'll play. Or longer road trips I'll throw a Dave Chapelle season in or something to more listen to or less.

That was my thought, I just don't drive this car very much since I have a work truck I'm in 99% of the time..... maybe I should put it in there! :santa: I figured there might be a chance I'll get a ton of people saying they don't use their screens at all so I wouldn't feel bad about abandoning the deck before I installed it.

I went from a flipout to a single din that had a lot of features too back to a flipout but with better features then the first of course (my car doesn't fit a double din) but I like having something more to look at the three lines of text. You don't need more but I like it

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Yeah, mine will only fit a singe din. I did a lot of research on this deck before I decided to buy it, I was set on a Pioneer but this one has a little bigger screen and a better picture from what I read. Now I'm leaning back toward installing it, just not looking forward to pulling the car all apart to run the wires back under the rear seat for the brain.

I bought an indash double din for my jeep a few years back and loved it. Used it all the time. It got stolen so I didnt even put a radio back in it. I sold it then bought a flipout for my lhs. I didn't use the dvd player its self much but I too loved the touch screen. I sold that car as well and now in my new grand prix I have a double din by eclipse that I think was made more for clairty and gps than anything. There are not a lot of options on this deck and I have never played a music video in it. The main reason for me to buy it was the gps.

Stick with a single dine or double din without dvd if your not sure you will use it. I wish thats what I would have done.

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Archived