04 GTO System 4/17 UPDATE Pg.4 06 GTO 500RWHP

you seem to be a little confused. youre looking for new tweeters and coaxial speakers? then you say tweeters and components? why not just components? or just coax? coax would be easier for you. there are plenty of coax speakers that will work for what you want, and theyre less difficult than components. and you only have room for a ported box? as opposed to what? a 4th order? im guessing you meant as opposed to sealed, but a sealed box requires less room. but you'd be better off with the ported.

yea at first i wanted coax since they were cheaper but i was recommendend components. And yea i meant like a 4th order or 6th order box i dont think those would fit in my car.

also so you guys know how it is on my headunit i have the eq to -4 on everything because the voice overpowers the bass and that is with stock speakers and there being ran off the headunit so if any of you can point me in the right direction in how to solve this. I have tried tuning the amp and the sub doesnt move to much but i can hear it start to distort i think its the amp that it cant power the sub good. Im not using bass boost or no loudness just pure gain. The sub level on the headunit is also 0

umm have u try setting the gain right? and whts the coils on that sub? because im betting u r wiring to 1 ohm and if thats the case u r gonna want your ac volts from your amp to be 32

its a dual 2 ohm and i wired it in parallel to 1 ohm but its weird because i had a 12 inch kicker l7 before and in some songs it was louder on the l7 and that same song on the bl it barely moves and the gain is set right i had set it to 32 volts but .for some reason i dont think im getting everything out of it is this how the bl is supposed to be?

you seem to be a little confused. youre looking for new tweeters and coaxial speakers? then you say tweeters and components? why not just components? or just coax? coax would be easier for you. there are plenty of coax speakers that will work for what you want, and theyre less difficult than components. and you only have room for a ported box? as opposed to what? a 4th order? im guessing you meant as opposed to sealed, but a sealed box requires less room. but you'd be better off with the ported.

yea at first i wanted coax since they were cheaper but i was recommendend components. And yea i meant like a 4th order or 6th order box i dont think those would fit in my car.

oh, ok. my b. judging by your posts, didnt know if you would know about 4th and 6th orders lol. but yeah, youre fine with the type of box you have now. as far as speakers, dont get tweeters, then components. just get the components then use the tweeters from them to go wherever you want. coaxs' are fine for you typical upgrade. but yeah, a lot of people prefer components.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

oh, ok. my b. judging by your posts, didnt know if you would know about 4th and 6th orders lol. but yeah, youre fine with the type of box you have now. as far as speakers, dont get tweeters, then components. just get the components then use the tweeters from them to go wherever you want. coaxs' are fine for you typical upgrade. but yeah, a lot of people prefer components.

yea i wanted to get the cadence cwm6 components but they dont seem to sell them anymore people said they were good for the money but right now i think i rather just upgrade my sub more since my stock speakers can overpower it. i think its the amp that is to weak but ill let others see if they know the problem. Btw how do 4th order and 6th order boxes work is there a thread where i can read on them.

l7 needs like a 10th of the power to get loud that a bl does you probably need a better amp or your voltage is dropping and u not really getting any power

yea sad thing is that l7 fried with this amp in a week. but my voltage stays at 14.2 and will drop to around 13.8 but very quickly and goes back up to 14

i'd offer some advice on the sub, but if there was something wrong, based off of what you've said, id have to be there to look at it myself. like others have said, its most likely you just dont have enough power to it. have you taken it out of the box and checked to see the wires are still solid? looked over all connections?

look in the subwoofers/enclosures section on here. you'll find some info. most of what i learn about 4th orders and 6 orders comes from reading peoples build logs, and really reading them.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Archived