Sonic Electronix

ok i have 2 18'' subs and i was told that we need 6 cubes for one driver..but now i dont have enough space for 12 cubes...so can i put the 2 in a 6 cube box? I dont want 2 load them in isobaric but in acoustical loading with the magnets facing each other...any help would be great..that is if anyone understands..im confused...

What subwoofers?

What amplifier?

What vehicle?

What are your goals with this setup?

Edited by Cashdollar2009
On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

well im just planing yet..nothing bought yet honestly..i dnt wnna end up buying something that wont be gud..i have space for a 6cf box in the trunk..n i want abit of SPL and SQ...so should i put the 2 in a 6cf?

if its a trunk setup id just go with 2 12s... :shrug: .

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

In 6ft^3 i'd look into 15"s if you are set on running two subwoofers. Two DC Audio Level 4XL 15"s would love 6ft^3.

6ft^3 would work good for a single 18" in a high-powered application. (high-powered as in a "real" subwoofer... if that makes sense?) But if you want to go with a single 18" you'd be looking between 5-5.5ft^3 really. If it were me, i'd choose the 15" XL's because of cone area mainly.

The output really depends on how you build it. Your tuning/port area/power will play a huge role.

Ste one would be to make up your mind on subwoofers and amplifier/s. Once you have them selected, there are a ton of people on here to help. :) From personal experience, I LOVE my 15" XL. Two of them would be NUTS in a car!

Every subwoofer acts differently, and has its own sweet spot. Those are just general suggestions from my knowledge.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

well thanks alot but 2 18'' in a 6cf box no gud?no problem with required volume or somethin lyk dat...its ok if i do it?

i get a headache when i read some of your posts

by not having a proper box for your subs you won't get the performance you expect out of them.

you win some, you lose some