is this normal?

Yesterday after work I jumped in my truck, feelin good because it was hella nice compaired to normal. I turned on my blazer and looked back at my setup... my amp has a digital readout on it for voltage like a cap, well mine read 17.3 volts. (Stock electrical) as I sat and wondered wtf? It jumped up to 19 volts and when I started driving it jumped aoround 24.4 to 26.7. My voltage gauge that's part of the dash was staying at 14ish as usual though? The whole ride home it was like that. What in the world is my amp doing?

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

Yep still doin I. It started at 7 voltstoday and by the time I got to work 21.6 volts.. wtf

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

not normal. perhaps a bad voltage display

check your battery with a dmm. try and recreate the problem but watch the battery this time

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

if the voltage displayed on the dash is steady, then i would try another aftermarket digital meter if you have one to replace the one that is showing the funky voltages. because i dont think your car would be running if it was at 7v or 20v lol

Archived