Chaise Posted March 11, 2011 Report Posted March 11, 2011 So I have 25 sq.ft. of Fatmat sound deadener and I'm just wondering is there a "best way" of applying it? This might be a confusing question so I'll explain. As most of you know, pretty much all doors and trunks/hatches have holes and and hills and valleys and all sorts of that stuff. I'm sure you understand what I mean..lol I've seen some people just covering all the holes and all the wires and whatnot. And then I've seen people leaving those holes open and going under the wires. Are either of those methods fine or no? Also, what about the plastic weather liner thing? Will the door be fine if I just completely remove it or should I reinstall it afterwards? Thanks. I like the oldschool one.. Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe Loud as F**K Just kidding
ClarkB Posted March 11, 2011 Report Posted March 11, 2011 I always applied my deadener more where the subs are located and lighter everywhere else. Depending on your vehicle its up to you of how you want to install it. Current Setup: 90' Lumina (My Hoopty) (2)15 inch Phantom Woofers (1)3000-watt amp. 1500w RMS -120 amp alt. -JVC Deck. -JVC 4x6's and 6x9's. -Dual Battery powered. -All 0 Gauge. -Big 3 Soon2come.
Alex K Posted March 11, 2011 Report Posted March 11, 2011 I take the time and do it right. I go around all wires, and cover the holes if they won't be needed in the future for access to any screws, etc. If I go over a bolt I cut around it so I can still see it. 2006 Nissan Z Track. My Feedback Thread i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.
cthedinger Posted March 11, 2011 Report Posted March 11, 2011 So I have 25 sq.ft. of Fatmat sound deadener and I'm just wondering is there a "best way" of applying it? This might be a confusing question so I'll explain. As most of you know, pretty much all doors and trunks/hatches have holes and and hills and valleys and all sorts of that stuff. I'm sure you understand what I mean..lol I've seen some people just covering all the holes and all the wires and whatnot. And then I've seen people leaving those holes open and going under the wires. Are either of those methods fine or no? Also, what about the plastic weather liner thing? Will the door be fine if I just completely remove it or should I reinstall it afterwards? Thanks. Since your using a deadener with an asphalt based adhesive, make sure you clean all surfaces very well with alcohol or acetone. Then you are going to want to make sure you use a heat gun when installing it and roller. If you have any questions PM me or Add me on Facebook CLICK ME! Shop at ct-sounds.com Subscribe to us on YouTube
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.