Second Skin Audio

did i do this right

wow maybe there is that much space in my little trunk does anyone where know what a 98 neons trunk looks like? maybe someone can tell me if my dementions are wrong i think i did things right.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

how do you calculate what size port to tune a box? like with this set up id really like to do a single areo port in the middle but im not sure what size and length im going to need or what to tune it to really i want it to slam but also sound good when i need it to

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

how do you calculate what size port to tune a box? like with this set up id really like to do a single areo port in the middle but im not sure what size and length im going to need or what to tune it to really i want it to slam but also sound good when i need it to

use torres' calculator. when you put in your box dimensions, it will tell you how much port are you need. then just put in like for example 1 6" circle port (radius, not length and width) and make it like 15" long. it will tell you how much port area you HAVE (port area) and how much you NEED (port area RANGE) on the lower right. you should obviously know that your port area number needs to be somewhere inbetween the port area range numbers.

alright i shoulda thought of that i kinda forgot about that :P thanks though man

wow it is 6 cubes before sub displacement and port displacement. im having trouble using torres cause for the port im not sure how to enter an aero port would the hieght and width be the same? i understand length but not those 2 things. also i plan to glass the box so i dont think im gona need any internal bracing would you guys agree with this or no?

wow it is 6 cubes before sub displacement and port displacement. im having trouble using torres cause for the port im not sure how to enter an aero port would the hieght and width be the same? i understand length but not those 2 things. also i plan to glass the box so i dont think im gona need any internal bracing would you guys agree with this or no?

wah my bad i feel retarded i didnt see that that was an option my bad. still trying to find out what my subs displacement is and what they wana be tuned to im asuming i cant go by the new se specs cause there dffernt

fiberglass doesnt like large flat areas. it gets more structurally sound on curves. I wouldn't rely on just fiberglass as structural integrity unless your going to be layering a good amount....and if you did layer a good amount, you mide as well just double up MDF on all sides for cost effect. you'd end up spending more using glass than wood.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

will i even need any form of bracing with these 12s i plan to do a double baffle but not much more unless it would really be needed what do you guys think

what is the purpose of glassing the inside of a box does the air flow smoother or?

also would 45 degree corners make a differnce with this kinda thing since im using a aero port?

Edited by hifonics10

will i even need any form of bracing with these 12s i plan to do a double baffle but not much more unless it would really be needed what do you guys think

what is the purpose of glassing the inside of a box does the air flow smoother or?

also would 45 degree corners make a differnce with this kinda thing since im using a aero port?

whats subs and power man? your probably gonna get mixed responses to this question...

glass is usually used to make the enclosure airtight, or at the joints to make them stronger. which you could also use in place of 45s

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

there gona be re se the older style sept with recones from fi with every option. gona be duel 1 ohm flat wound. looking to send them 1500 rms for the pair. thanks so much for helping me. ive been looking all over ik i found the older re specs but i cant seem to find them anymore but since im using fi recones do the specs change? i know they wouldnt displacement wise but what about the frequency to tune to