Second Skin Audio

Low Sub volume after adding another amp for highs

I had 2 subs installed and were working fine. I added another smaller amp for my door speakers. No protection lights are on and every thing seemed normal except the sub hardly have any volume to them. I grounded the second amp along with the first amp in the same location. Did I possible not make the reconnection tight enough or properly??? Any suggestions feel free to help ..Thanks guys...and gals

Are both amps being fed by the same signal? As in, is there only one RCA set feeding both amps? If so try unpluging the mids/high amp and see if there is any diffrence in volume, if there is then reset your gains, or get a headunit with two RCA outputs atleast - It will make a huge diffrence!

David

Dave i never got that far. I ran out of daylight, and never had a chance to even run speaker wires to the doors and run Rca's back to the high's amp..I just have the power connections made to it..i started the car and turned up the radio and noticed the subs had a sound to them but NO bass what so ever. But thanks dude for replying ..Awesome site

I have worked on this all morning trying to fix this mess..I have tried everything and i admit defeat...I will never pay a place to do this work so i have decided its time to give up car audio for good...it was a fun 18 year run. Thanks everyone and dave for posting.

The only thing you seemed to have changed is the power and ground connections. It seems something came loose.

Did you disconnect the battery in the process? Check the fuse up front as well as on the amp. I am betting on a loose connection though, especially since you were messing with the ground. Dont give up because of one small problem.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Man we have all been through this.. Heck i spent the last 6 months trying to fix a monoblock amp, changed out nearly evry part until i got it working, but ive lernt alot in the process.. Dont give up so soon, just takes some time to rule out each possible cause. Check fuses, and make sure all settings on the headunit are set correctly. Try hooking up an ipod straight to the amp and see if there is any diffrence. Check check check.

I am wondering about the rca cables. I have tried 6 different ground's I am going to try that ipod straight to amp idea..that will rule out any issues the head unit may be having. I bought more wire today, i will see if changing that does anything..

Reading about the mono block fix inspired me to get back at it...After fixing and replacing all those parts he could have just bought a new amp..Determination to fix it himself has me fired up to try it again..

Thank you guys i will repost on how thing went tomorrow.

Jeremy