Sonic Electronix

This is kind of a long story so I'll try to condense it. A while back I had Best Buy install a Viper alarm for me. The night of the same day, my car slowly started, and died out when I attempted to leave from work. After a few tests, me and Dad determined that my alternator had burned up. There was a burning smell coming from it that was quite strong. It also had large amounts of oil caked in it from a slow oil leak. We replaced the alternator and since then, the car has ran fine. But it does this strange thing with the low battery and emergency brake lights. The two together (not sure why the emergency brake light glows, too) softly fade in and out and will go away when the engine is revved, except for one time on the highway it stayed on at 3,000 RPM. It is rather inconsistent, but does SEEM to happen more when I have had my system running without starting the car. It does it even more since my second amp was put in. I seem to have a bad connection or short somewhere and just wondered if someone had a bright idea.

Suspects:

- Positive wire on harness is frayed under rubber sleeve

- Battery terminals have little corrosion, but have to be the saddest excuse for a connection I've ever seen

- Possible bad alternator again

- Audio system is drawing more than the electrical system can handle.

I find the last one doubtful since my amps are only 80x2@4ohms and 90x2@2ohms. Maybe it is a combination of a few things? I don't know.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

Archived