car shakes and idle drops really low

So I bought a new alternator for my 2007 honda accord 4 cylinder. Its a dc power 180 amp hp series. The problem is that when I am stopped and the a/c is on low the car shakes like its gonna turn off and my idle drops really low like around 500 rpms or lower, I can't remember exacly how much right now but I can check. It doesn't do it every single time but I don't like when it does do it. It never did this before with my stock alt. Does anyone know why this happens??

Guest DC Power Kyle

If your car was disconnected from the battery for a little bit of time your cars computer needs to relearn the fuel mixtures. Give it a day or so and things will be back to normal

If your car was disconnected from the battery for a little bit of time your cars computer needs to relearn the fuel mixtures. Give it a day or so and things will be back to normal

^that^

...And I'd throw the battery on a trickle charger overnight...

Couldn't hurt...

wishin' I could be as fly as you fine folks......

well I didn't charge my old optima that I had in it but last night I charged up my new d3400 before I put it in and ill be charging it regularly now that I got a charger. but I hope it's what kyle said it was... thanks guys!!

my honda accord does that too, its got a dc 270. it only happens if i run the system at full tilt for a bit, then when i turn it off and let of the gas it wants to idle real low for a little bit

my honda accord does that too, its got a dc 270. it only happens if i run the system at full tilt for a bit, then when i turn it off and let of the gas it wants to idle real low for a little bit

so Is this something normal with honda accords? cause I was gonna see if it didn't do it anymore with my new battery charged up and running it for a day or so like they said on top. but I had the alt for like 2 months already and it never went away (that's with the old battery)

did u do the big 3 upgrade with ur new alt?

that might help, i dunno tho

hondas are wiered with stuff

i had about 800wrms on stock alt with a durlast gold battery wit a 1f cap and with full tilt i never went below 14.3v with headlights on and on bright with aftermarket 100w halogens, and it never droped below 1k idle either so i dunno

i wanna get a big alt for mine when i get it up and running but i unno, would adjusting the voltage regulator make a difference with a cars idle wit a big amp alt?

cause when i switched to a 75amp alt for my geo from a stock 50 i think it was it dont want to idle a normal so i had to bump up the throttle on it to keep it running but it still wont charge shit running down the road wit big 3 in 4guage with a 300w amp on bass and 300 on highs

how long has urs been doing this cause when i did the big 3 on my truck it took me a couple hrs due to where everything is on my truck but my idle went up a little and it ran wierd for a week or so and now its normal but i get a little more belt slippage wit big 3 than i did befor

hope this aint to off topic

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

did u do the big 3 upgrade with ur new alt?

that might help, i dunno tho

hondas are wiered with stuff

i had about 800wrms on stock alt with a durlast gold battery wit a 1f cap and with full tilt i never went below 14.3v with headlights on and on bright with aftermarket 100w halogens, and it never droped below 1k idle either so i dunno

i wanna get a big alt for mine when i get it up and running but i unno, would adjusting the voltage regulator make a difference with a cars idle wit a big amp alt?

cause when i switched to a 75amp alt for my geo from a stock 50 i think it was it dont want to idle a normal so i had to bump up the throttle on it to keep it running but it still wont charge shit running down the road wit big 3 in 4guage with a 300w amp on bass and 300 on highs

how long has urs been doing this cause when i did the big 3 on my truck it took me a couple hrs due to where everything is on my truck but my idle went up a little and it ran wierd for a week or so and now its normal but i get a little more belt slippage wit big 3 than i did befor

hope this aint to off topic

ya I got the big 3 done in 0 guage and I had it done before the new alt. and its been doing this since I put the new alt in wich is like 2 months.

Archived