4 way stretch vinyl

NYC54

Clean the vinyl with a leather prep, let it dry and then do light coats to color it. It will be fine.

Glass some screws to that won't work since it is plastic. It will fail eventually.

Grab some 2 part epoxy from the autoparts store or from Lowes. It is clear and comes in 1 min or 5 min work times. Get the 5 min. When I have to do quick fix jobs I use this so I don't have to open a maxim tube of epoxy.

Also, this stuff works perfectly for recones.

i used norton speed grip the local bodyshop told me its good with bonding plastic and metal , i figured i give it a shot, i used it last night ,ill let you know how it holds up

speedg1.jpg

That stuff should work fine.

I use the Loc-Tite I mentioned cause it is readily available when I need it.

Let me know how it works out for ya.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

That stuff should work fine.

I use the Loc-Tite I mentioned cause it is readily available when I need it.

Let me know how it works out for ya.

This was my first time working with plastic epoxy ,let me tell you I'm very impressed ,it was easy to work with and it tacked up pretty quick , whats even better that it's made to work with plastic and metal , I know it was a little over kill for what I used it for but I just don't want something falling off on a customer , I also had to buy that epoxy gun which wasn't cheap , question , is the maxim used for ? Is it the same as the norton?

But yea you should defenetly try the norton

I use to items in the Maxim line. One is in a tube you dispense with a standard caulk gun. It is an epoxy like the Norton stuff. Made by Evercoat...... http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=270

The other stuff is a 2 part mix system. Just dispense what you need, mix it together and apply. It is also a semi-ridgid epoxy plastic repair..... http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=182

I have used the Duramix, 3M, SEM, Lord Fusor and the Evercoat Maxim. All have their benifits. All have disadvantages. What sells the Maxim for me is all the others need special and different styled guns for dispensing. The Maxim uses a standard gun.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Archived