DC Sound Lab

Thanks for the replies guys, I don't know much about subs I had amicreations send me a DIY kit and 33"x20"x16" is my Max dimensions. I thought the smaller the box the more power you have to throw at the subs idk could he the other way around?

@wood you think I need a larger port then?

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Thanks for the replies guys, I don't know much about subs I had amicreations send me a DIY kit and 33"x20"x16" is my Max dimensions. I thought the smaller the box the more power you have to throw at the subs idk could he the other way around?

@wood you think I need a larger port then?

well i wouldnt want to say anything about the box he sent you. i know DC calls for 1.5 per sub. IMO thats a little small. if you have a lot of power you can run a box that small.

to my knowledge if you make the box bigger and give it a little more port area (while still lengthening the port to keep the tuning correct) and less power it would hit the lows and pound about the same as a box with smaller net space and more power.

i designed my own box, first one i have ever designed or built. ported at least, and i just read a lot of threads on box building and box designing, then just started doing the math and using google sketch up to draw them out in the space i was working with. it took many many hours, but now im glad i did because i know now WHY my subs sound the way the do and what chages in the box does what, ill obviously know more once i build another ported box but i felt i learned IMMENSELY off of just the one box.

Yea I know what you mean I guess ill just get my electrical up to Parr then upgrade amps later maybe make another box. Thanks for all the help tho

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe