Second Skin Audio

16.5 cube wall questions

As the topic says I got a 16.5 cube total wall and got 4 15" sa-15's to go in, any suggestions on what should be done with port size and tuning?, I have 2 ap3000d amps to power the subs. It will be for daily and if possibly a hair trick would be nice..

The vehicle is a 97 z71 ext cab truck with the box being 17" deep .

Lmk what ya'll think

Thanks

Doing a box that shallow really sucks because your port is going to need to make a turn, and behind that turn you're not going to have a lot of depth, not to mention two sub closer to the port than the other two. To counter that you can do a port in the middle, so when it splits(if it needs to) you will have a little more box depth behind the subs, and the subs(assuming two stacked on top of each other on each side) will all be equidistant from the interior port openings.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

That is how I have done it. Port In centre and subs stacked. I've done 2 different ports (size wise) and I don't feel it is any where close to where it should be at.

The 3 12's socker audio subs (sundown parts) on one ap3000 was louder than the 4 15's on 2 amps. I don't know what to say or do at this point.. Looks for answers or options..

Thanks

Doing a wall setup usually require more volume (up to 50% larger than suggested box volume), the woofers need some air to get really loud. Example: The first box I made for my DD Z9518`s barely broke a 150 (okey, non walled and too little box volume) Then when I made the "real" one with a wall with about 30% larger than suggested volume it did 154.5, and it did 150+ from 23-60hz. The most common mistake people do is making too small enclosures for the woofers. Some times it`s not about surface area, but volume ;)

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

Are amps still set right? maybe they changed like they did last time. id try cutting port down a bit to raise tunning/gain box volume, then plug the port to bring tunning down, hen i get back from finals, well get togeather and mess around with it a bit!!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Well you're already running the SA15's in the biggest box you can fit in your truck. You don't plan on adding more power(not like you need to anyways), so I don't see how you really plan on getting a big difference out of a new box. 13ft^3 is what I was going to suggest, and that port area seems about right...a little small, but not bad.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...