Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I sold my w7 and 250/1 amp with box for 550 yesterday 250 more than what I paid and I bought two Memphis 12's with 1000 watt Memphis amp in a potted box and until I build my own box and get different subs should I have the port facing the trunk or the backseats in my hatchback? The back seats lay down

Posted

iv always had my ports facing the front of the car but then i also seal off the trunk to so air dont bounce back into trunk just my thoughts

to clear up i'm talking about sealing around the box of any gaps from the trunk frame to the box

Edit- My bad didnt read the hatchback part...

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

Posted

from what i hear, the port to the trunk would be the best setup because it delays the air coming from the port so you hear the subs before the port... although that's pretty much the job of the box :/

in essence i think the port to the back would make it sound fuller and maybe deeper.

sit up straight in your seat while you're listening, then duck down so your head is below the steering wheel. if you can hear a difference, ducking down will be similar to what you'd hear with the port toward the hatch.

usually the only reason you'd have the port facing you is if it was more of a wall type setup (subs and port facing you)

the main idea is that the sound of the subs reach you before the sound of the port

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 562 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...