Sonic Electronix

would a second batt be too hard on stock alt?

Your headunit is most likely not turning off from voltage drop.

I know of atleast one person that runs 10V and is not planning on upgrading, he is also a respected person on the forum. I'd check for loose wiring.

You didn't state what your voltage was dropping to unless I just didn't read it.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

wait mabey i miss read this. after your electrical upgrades are you gonna be running the amp at 4ohms, or 2 ohms?

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

wait mabey i miss read this. after your electrical upgrades are you gonna be running the amp at 4ohms, or 2 ohms?

What I'm reading is he's running 4 ohms... and plans to run 2 ohms... If you've got voltage drop at 4ohms I don't think you need batteries, you just straight up need wiring, big 3, and an alt... My battery is over 6 years old and my dad believes it has/is developing a dead cell and it's a standard starting battery.

I'm running:

200Amp alt

big 3 in monster 1/0

main power run in monster 1/0

4 guage off distribution block to SAE-1000D

8 guage off distribution block to 50x4 Pioneer Premier amp

I run full tilt basically all the time [my system has been set with an o-scope]

Never drop below 13.4 driving and never dropped below 11.9 idle playing anything including "Trap Instrumental" done by decaf which play at 25hz

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

honestly bro i have the same amp, and i have a ho alt and a khc1400 in the back and its no anywhere near good enough. the amp is power hungry. i would look into a bigger batt in the batt and a bigger batt up front with your stock alt. becuase with only a xs 1200 you will see a lot of voltage drop. hope this helps

so what would be my best options? what if i kept stock battery and a d3400 in the back?

i mean at some point, wouldn't it be more effective to just invest in a HO alt and get a smaller batt in the back?

i've got a max of 400 i'd like to spend on this whole upgrade

i'm really not seeing myself going berserk with this whole deal. i could probably only tolerate half power for just daily listening.

the 3400 is only 67 AH (ive been told this number is best to look at) the 1400 is 60 AH so still your gonna have bad voltage drop

i cant seem to find the amp hour rating on the site. unless RC somehow stands for or relates to amp hours.

what if i never turned the amp up past 3/4 gain?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

2 ohms

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I know of atleast one person that runs 10V and is not planning on upgrading, he is also a respected person on the forum. I'd check for loose wiring.

You didn't state what your voltage was dropping to unless I just didn't read it.

well i'm an employee at best buy and i had it installed by them. wiring could be the problem because the HU is in the center console and does shake a little bit from the bass, so it could be vibrations. i'll take some pics later.

as far as my voltage drop goes, i don't have a voltmeter so i couldn't tell you what the voltage drop is exactly, but my headlights dim pretty bad even when driving

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

the gain is not a volume knob its related to voltage from your headunit. and you could not turn up your sub volume up alot but then what would be the point of getting that amp lol. id get a big batt for the back, save up get a mechman or whatever alt and you should be good

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

well i'm an employee at best buy and i had it installed by them. wiring could be the problem because the HU is in the center console and does shake a little bit from the bass, so it could be vibrations. i'll take some pics later.

as far as my voltage drop goes, i don't have a voltmeter so i couldn't tell you what the voltage drop is exactly, but my headlights dim pretty bad even when driving

take a dmm and meter it with the music on then let us know

the gain is not a volume knob its related to voltage from your headunit. and you could not turn up your sub volume up alot but then what would be the point of getting that amp lol. id get a big batt for the back, save up get a mechman or whatever alt and you should be good

what would be a quote on what would be substantial for my situation? alt wise

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

take a dmm and meter it with the music on then let us know

i don't own a dmm. and for the price of one i'd just as soon get a little stinger voltmeter.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.