Sonic Electronix

Underpowering...But Clipping?

so my best bet is to put the knob at halfway and set the gains below where the liht blinks, right?

::::::STREETZ::::::

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

Xbox 360 Gamertag: STREETZxDBs

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs - 06' Ford Fusion - Kentucky

so my best bet is to put the knob at halfway and set the gains below where the liht blinks, right?

if you want. i was just stating what i did personally. but tune the gains to where the light blinks slowly.

1) Turn everything to 0 on your headunit. If you turn up bass at the HU, that can cause clipping before the signal ever reaches the amp.

2) Ideally, you'd use a test tone to set your gains. I've always used Decaf's tone right off his page HERE. It used to be a 45hz tone at -6, now it's that 50hz tone at -3dB. Download it, burn it to a CD and put it on repeat.

3) Turn your volume knob on your HU up as far as you'll normally put it. Ideally, less than max. I usually go to about 85-90% of max. My HU goes to 40, I only ever go up to 35.

4) Now turn up the gain on your amp until the light on the knob indicates clipping. Turn it down a bit from there.

5) You have now set your gains (kinda) without using an o-scope. Enjoy your loud, clip-free bass.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

so the light blinking slowly means its ok? or what? i couldnt get it quite right..i guess if its blinking slowly and you turn the knob down a lil then it goes away

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

techforce_teamdbs.gif

so the light blinking slowly means its ok? or what? i couldnt get it quite right..i guess if its blinking slowly and you turn the knob down a lil then it goes away

iirc when its blinking its soft clipping, which means very little clipping is occuring. when the light stays solid then you are in hard clipping (quite a lot)

edit: dont take this the wrong way, as in, dont think that the blinking red light means your woofers are going to die like instantly. i soft clip my woofers on occasion and ive never yet smelled coil.

yea...i had mine turned up and mine would come on when the bass hit and would come constant sort of when a long constant bass note was on

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

techforce_teamdbs.gif

but i noticed that was the only time the light came on constant...the other bass notes were making the light...well i wanna say...flicker sort of.

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

techforce_teamdbs.gif

short bass kicks are inaccurate for the light. its most accurate when you have a looooong constant bass line. solid = bad and blinking = ok (for long solid bass notes)

It all depends on the setup dude. If i even soft clip for one bump in a song i smell coil. And i have tested the oscope to the bassknob on my AQ and it is pretty spot on. Watching the scope right next to the knob they both show clip pretty damn accurately if i say so my self.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Ohhh...ok....so as long as the light isnt on solid then its more than likely a false read? mine flickers with little breaks in the blinks during long bass notes. but the punchy notes just blink like once or twice fast and thats it

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Archived