Sonic Electronix

Underpowering...But Clipping?

i have a AudioQue AQ1200D Amplifier powering(underpowering) two 12" DC Level 4s and my bass control knobs clipping light is lighting up when the bass hits...How do i fix this seeing that im already underpowering the subs? i have set everything down til the clipping light stopped flashing and it sounded like i had like 2 sony xplods in my trunk or something....Can anyone tell me why thisis happening and how to fix it? please?

Thank You

::::::STREETZ::::::

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

Xbox 360 Gamertag: STREETZxDBs

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs - 06' Ford Fusion - Kentucky

i have a AudioQue AQ1200D Amplifier powering(underpowering) two 12" DC Level 4s and my bass control knobs clipping light is lighting up when the bass hits...How do i fix this seeing that im already underpowering the subs? i have set everything down til the clipping light stopped flashing and it sounded like i had like 2 sony xplods in my trunk or something....Can anyone tell me why thisis happening and how to fix it? please?

Thank You

set your gains with an o-scope. you can clip with 1 watt if you set your gains incorrectly.

Yea...I have HU settings turned up and they are wired parrelel to 1 ohm. and i dont have an O-Scope....nor do i know who to get one from to use or borrow

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Make sure nothings cranked up on the headunit either

If everything flat on my head unit I can have my gain on my AQ2200D at 3/4 and no clipping but I turn up anything on my headunit and the clip light will start to flash

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

yea...i was hoping for my one AQ1200D to bang those level 4s pretty hard even underpowering...i just dont want them clipping

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

techforce_teamdbs.gif

please dont clip.. if you need more power, get another amp, clipping even slight, will eventually cause problems.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I never said i was just riding around clippin them...i said when i turn my gains down until the clip light turned off it sounded like i wasnt powering anything...like nothing was there.

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Thank You

set your gains with an o-scope. you can clip with 1 watt if you set your gains incorrectly.

idk bout u gouys but not everyone can afford a oscope

Archived