Second Skin Audio

opinions on 15's

Honestly, if you can, go 4 15s over 2 18s... I have 2 18s and wishing i had went with 4 15s instead

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ok... so are there any other 18's out there within price range of around 300 a sub, that are any good... just trying to get as many options as possible

These would hurt your insides in the right box, a little more then your looking for in price but have heard nothing but good about IA.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/18%22-Death-Row-Series.html

yea, they're looking to be around 860 with shipping... so a lil more than i have to spend right now, lol

yeah wasnt sure after shipping and all. they have a 21" consider doing a single 21?

You could try asking a DC rep for a price on some level 4 18s, might be out of your range though too.

I think an AQ would do fine, as far as "hitting" the lows, this could have been a box design flaw among many other possibilities, i wouldnt limit your decision on this guys one walled experience, in my experience i have never heard a wall sound good period.

Honestly, if you can, go 4 15s over 2 18s... I have 2 18s and wishing i had went with 4 15s instead

what 18's are you running?

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18's, walled in a clamshell box

amps: subs- 2 modded AQ 2200's, running 2550 at 1 ohm each

components: (rf p1 8:(midbass), 2 cadence cwm 6.5, memphis pr 6.5 coax)- each door

HU: android galaxy tablet, Kenwood KVT-516

2/0 gauge ran all around

6 optima red tops (will be updated, i get them DIRT cheap)

keeping my fingers crossed for membership into the 160 db club!

MY BUILD LOG

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (SUBSCRIBE!)

what 18's are you running?

2 level 5 18s.. but i want more cone area and 4 15s have more cone than 2 18s, and if you got the same 18s as you would 15s you would have more motor force with 4 15s of the same vs 2 18s of the same..

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ok... so are there any other 18's out there within price range of around 300 a sub, that are any good... just trying to get as many options as possible

These would hurt your insides in the right box, a little more then your looking for in price but have heard nothing but good about IA.

yea, they're looking to be around 860 with shipping... so a lil more than i have to spend right now, lol

yeah wasnt sure after shipping and all. they have a 21" consider doing a single 21?

You could try asking a DC rep for a price on some level 4 18s, might be out of your range though too.

I think an AQ would do fine, as far as "hitting" the lows, this could have been a box design flaw among many other possibilities, i wouldnt limit your decision on this guys one walled experience, in my experience i have never heard a wall sound good period.

i saw that 21.... but idk... i know having a 21 in the back would give kind of that "wow" factor... but do you really think it would hit harder then 2 18's? especially with a 1500 rms rating

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

components: (rf p1 8:(midbass), 2 cadence cwm 6.5, memphis pr 6.5 coax)- each door

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

i would do this instead also if you have the CUBES available, but your gonna run into cost issues, going from buying two woofers to four.

but more cone area FTW

i would do this instead also if you have the CUBES available, but your gonna run into cost issues, going from buying two woofers to four.

but more cone area FTW

yea... thats what i'm trying to figure out... ed at T3 is going to hook me up with 4 t1000's for around 600.... and they call for 15 ft3... which i have the space for..

just trying to decide on 4 15's or 2 18's, u kno... i want to hit atleast 150... and box design and tuning isnt a problem.... i've just been out of the game for a few years... and there's so MUCH new shit

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

seriously, cone area > all :P

4 15s have more cone area than 2 18s, and you will move more air with 4 15s vs 2 18s

2 18s = 508 sq inch of cone

4 15s = 706 sq inch of cone

200 more sq inch of cone is alot :P

thats almost 1 whole 18" sub...

Just sayin bro... you could get over 150 with either 4 15s or 2 18s, but 4 15s should move more air.. its mathematically correct

Team DC Audio

i saw that 21.... but idk... i know having a 21 in the back would give kind of that "wow" factor... but do you really think it would hit harder then 2 18's? especially with a 1500 rms rating

i think thats pretty conservative number but you would lose output from two 18s for sure. its all what your looking for ya know?

ultimately if your just looking to pound the streets id do what DC derrick said and go with 4 15s. Just gotta get subs to fit your budget, and anything in the 150 dollar range really wont take the wattage your wanting to throw at em. just stay easy on the volume and just wang on em for short demos ya know? subs will generally take a lot more then there RMS (if its a quality woofer) if its good clean power in the CORRECT enclosure, subs fail when they do one of two things Get hot and thermally fail, or unload and mechanically fail. in general terms.

meant to post this also

charte.jpg

Edited by Wood