This is my first post so lets get this out of the way...

"HI, my name is George and I am a bass addict. "

I picked up a 2001 Saturn with 92k miles last October for free (gotta love my family) to replace my old daily driver which was a 1994 Geo Prizm with 463k miles on the clock (yes original motor and trans still, 34 mpg all day long with a lil oil smoke :D ). Long story short this is the worst driving car I have ever owned. Its slow and gutless and the transmission acts like it has down syndrome most of the time so I decided that I might as well make this thing a rolling concert to make my 120 mi round trip commute a little more bearable. This is a budget system built from crap I had laying around at the time. I plan on doing a massive upgrade later this year and replacing almost everything you see. Anyway enough about me....onto the system.

Equipment:

Planet Audio PI9766 (7" double din touchscreen)

1x Boss CW3500D (The box claims 3500w....we all know better...prolly about 2.2k before the signal gets munched.)

1x Hifonics Zeus ZXI1010 (500wx2)

1x Boss CAP3.5S 3.5 Farad Capacitor

1 pair MB Quart Discus 6.5" components (front doors)

1 pair MB Quart Discus 6.5" coaxial (rear fill)

2x Audiobahn AW120T 12"s

1x Optima Blue Top Gel Cell (In trunk)

Cables:

Two 4 ga runs from alt to front battery.

Single 4 ga engine to chassis ground

Single 4 ga front battery to chassis ground

~16 ft 1/0 ga wire from front battery to back with 200 amp circuit breaker.

4 ga independent grounds off of each amp, rear battery, and cap.

4 ga power runs to each amp and cap.

One in line 100 amp glass fuse per amp

Only have a few pictures during build, as usual nobody thought about pics until after the fact. Here are a few quick cell phone pics of the trunk.

When I got the car the trunk floor was bare metal with a full size tire inside it instead of the normal donut spare.

Kind of hard to tell with the cheap cell phone pics but it is a 3 piece MDF design with a removable plate covering the spare tire well.. I love my system but I drive 700 miles a week, gotta have the spare!

trunk.jpg

Space is a premium so my friend came up with a unique way to mount the cap and battery.

batterybox.jpg

Showing off the nicer looking of my two amps. Hid the BOSS behind the box mounted to the rear seat.

amprack.jpg

Picture of the trunk as it looks now. (Well the rear deck lid is back on of course.)

fulltrunk.jpg

While the equipment is nothing to write home about at this time, I am proud of the way the trunk looks when it is open. The only wires you see are what is coming off the battery and it has a very 'professional' look to it. If anyone is actually interested in this build I can take pictures of the rest of the setup but this is all I have for now.

P.S. Credit should go to MrWizard209 on this forum, hes the one that designed and set it up.

Edited by geo

One day I will have a REAL car audio system....

It was a fun install. It looks much cleaner in person. Next time I am at his house I will get some detailed pictures and post them.

You loose the pillow.....you loose the blanket.....