Sonic Electronix

I Need An Experience Person's Advice...Help

Okay, this is for you guys who have been doing this for years, experience every sub, and every kind of box. I've ordered two FI BTL N2 12" subs. The website suggest 1.7cu feet to 2.5cu feet of space, tuned at 32hz, with 12 to 16sq" of port per cubic foot. On the several boxes I've built, I've always maxxxed out the cubic feet as much as possible. Now I have a Focus, and space is limited. I am trying to build a box tuned low, so I need alot of cubic feet. But, the most I can possibly get w/out having to take off panels and still have room for xtra batts and my two amps is 3.43cu feet tuned at 32.16hz with 12.76sq" of port per cubic foot. Now, I'm not worried about the tuning or port area, but I am a little worried about the cubic ft of the box. I know it is in the parameters set by the specs, just barely, but I am worried it will not achieve the deep, low bass I desire. Could someone help me out and let me know if you would recomend doing this, or if you would go a little bigger. I can achieve just a slight more bit of area, possible 4.5cu ft at the most, but then I would have to get creative with mounting the two AQ2200's and the AQ4x90. Thanks in advanced you guys...i always appreciate your knowledge and help.

mivtCK.png

Archived