Second Skin Audio

2 x p2's new box

Whats up everyone,

So I have 2 ps's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-P2L-2X12-12-1000W-Car-Subwoofers-Box-/390285545692?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5aded4d0dc

and I wanna build a bigger box for them and tune it low..

in the future I wanna buy T1D412 12" 3200W

and the question is

Does it make sense to change the box for p2's now, or better wait till I get new subs and build the box for them...

for example if I wanna tune the box to 40hz ( or lower if possible ) the p2's can work good in it ?

I dont know too much about Tunes so Im sorry if I said sth wrong or sth

what does not make any sense.. ) other thing is that English is my second language , so sorry for the mistakes..

thanks guys

Edited by OrzechNewJersey

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

id say its up to you man. depends how long till you can get your new sub. I have the same set up in my wifes car, and she doesnt want to upgrade. So im gonna build her a new

box. I think making a new box will improve the sound without having to upgrade. Its also good practice on building boxes its fun and the more you do, the better you get at it. so id say go for it.

15"AA havoc, AQ1200d. T3 audio 6.5 2 way componet set on rockford p400.4

I pretty sure that I gonna buy the T1D412, how would u tune the box ? i have no idea how to do it.. I just know that size of the port depends of the Hz..

I dont know how to do it at all..

For example if I make the box for T1's , it gonna sound good with p2's as well ?

Im driving 2000 4 door accord.. and I wanna make the box as big as possible..

helo?

well two diff subs will want two different size boxes have you played around with torres box calculator at all

helo?

well two diff subs will want two different size boxes have you played around with torres box calculator at all

well, I think that the size of the box for both sets might be similar. I can make the box as big as my trunk is.. just leave some room for

my 2 amps and the battery (in the future)

if Im wrong tell me.. just tryin to get some informations to do it GOOD

the thing which I dont know is the port.. can it be the same for both sets?

I was tryin to figure out the size of 40hz port, in this program..

Edited by OrzechNewJersey

A sheet of MDF is only like $35 bucks. So building multiple boxes shouldn't be an issue.

I use the RE box calculator on simple boxes. It's easy to understand and tells you all the cuts. (The red text are the numbers you can change. Just mess with different sizes. Port widths, and port lengths until you get the tunign you want.)

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

40 hertz is also a little high for my taste. I would do 35.

Edited by blownengine

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

i guess they do ask for a similer box size id do 3.5 cubic ft tuned to 36hz or something measure your trunk whats the max height width and depth and the new subs you want are 800 rms i dont see where you got 3200w from that might be max for two but you dont wanna use that number.

Edited by akustoms

A sheet of MDF is only like $35 bucks. So building multiple boxes shouldn't be an issue.

I use the RE box calculator on simple boxes. It's easy to understand and tells you all the cuts. (The red text are the numbers you can change. Just mess with different sizes. Port widths, and port lengths until you get the tunign you want.)

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

40 hertz is also a little high for my taste. I would do 35.

true.. this calculator seems easier than this pined on the forum..

I will try to work on the box during the weekend ..

thanks

i guess they do ask for a similer box size id do 3.5 cubic ft tuned to 36hz or something measure your trunk whats the max height width and depth and the new subs you want are 800 rms i dont see where you got 3200w from that might be max for two but you dont wanna use that number.

yea i saw that they r 800rms.. I will figure out the exact dimensions of the trunk and than play with the calculator..