Sonic Electronix

So I have a Kicker KX600.4 running 4 Pioneer 4way 6.5's @ 75RMS a piece. They ran fine and sounded great for a long time now for some reason today I was driving and they kept cutting in and out eventually just cutting out I changed the song they came back on turned it up cut out (its not cutting out like just stopping, its like hella distorted and going from low volume to high.) I plugged different RCA's into my 4 channel and it did the same thing, So i'm wondering if it's Channels, Blown AMP or bad output on my Pioneer DEH4200UB. The subwoofer works fine btw.

i dont see how all 4 speakers could have blown at that power, so I dunno I'm lost anywhere you guys suggest me to start?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

The subwoofer amplifier and 4 channel amplifier are on the same ground ands buwoofer seems fine, could it still be ground? They don't completely cut out half the time, but the sound is like only comingoutta 1 speaker and the rest cut in and out and get staticky. IT was playing ALL day then it just randomly started when these kids got outta my car.

Actually now that I think of it, I think we did 2 seperate grounds and maybe with people getting in and out all the time the bolt on my rear seat loosened up, I'll shave it down a lil better and tighten it and check it tommorow any other suggestions? imma make a list for tommorow haha

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

You know I hear that from everyone but its been an excellent spot in the last 10 vehicles ive done, and I just rechecked both are grounded on the seat, and alas the woofer still works fine so I think that eliminates the ground issue. Any other suggestions?

So I've tried:

Ground

Check remote and other wires

Swapped RCA's

I'm starting to think its a bad amplifier :-/

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

I understand your hate for mounting on the seat but it's perfectly fine and sanded, its NEVER failed and I hardly doubt it's that I'm not moving the ground for many reasons I've ran into this problem before finding a different ground and this is the only good accessible one and it works fine. When I get my new battery I'm grounded in the rear to that, since it's the best ground until then the ground stay where it's.

If you can give me one reason why a bad ground would cause only 1 amplifier to have problems and not the other when they're on the SAME ring terminal. Also how can it be the ground if my woofers aren't cutting out, and how can it be the ground if not a damn things been done to it today to cause this? IT's tight and the bolts solid and its all shiny and sanded.

and I know about half of this website grounds to the rear seat.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Could be high resistance between the 2 that is why I'm saying that, you want help but then continue on saying its fine its fine, if I were you I would check all your bases not just skip one thinking your safe. Or just throw another amp in there and see what happens.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

But hell what do I got to lose? I'll try messing with the ground tommorow, just please give me more ideas dont just say bad ground... Why can't I just throw another amplifier in and see if it works? I'm actually going to do that tommorow on a FRP350, see if my amplifier is JUNK.

IF that was the case wouldnt my subwoofer be seeing similar things? like popping/kicking on/off?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Anything is possible with one thing having a problem and the other one not. I've ran into stupid things to where you would think it's impossible for it to happen but it did.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Archived