Sonic Electronix

can i wire this 1ohm? please quickly

ok, stefan apologized, lets move on.

what would you reccomend stefan?

honestly...i would buy one of the AQ subs, or pioneers, run it at 2ohm and wait to buy another to wire both at 1 ohm nominal on the amp. thats what i would do.

Depends on if he plans on running a single driver, or multiple in the near future.

Didn't really specify goals, just going to assume musical with most output.

I'd buy used with that budget. If you could find a used sa10 that would be pretty sweet. Or a fi ssd.

But it's hard to recommend a driver when I don't know his enclosure volume, that will play a big part.

sighl.jpg

enclosure 1.67 cu.ft air space my box depth is 9 inches

and for every day banging i listen to rap like i said young jeezy waka wiz weezy etc etc

i like low notes..

<<music like this

btw dont laugh at this system it was my first build

and its a 10" kicker comp on a 300watt amp ( not even true power )

1.67 cu.ft air space sony headunit 4ga knuckonceptz

free boss 6 1/2" door speakers ran off headunit

Edited by Relyks

enclosure 1.67 cu.ft air space my box depth is 9 inches

and for every day banging i listen to rap like i said young jeezy waka wiz weezy etc etc

i like low notes..

<<music like this

btw dont laugh at this system it was my first build

and its a 10" kicker comp on a 300watt amp ( not even true power )

1.67 cu.ft air space sony headunit 4ga knuckonceptz

free boss 6 1/2" door speakers ran off headunit.

Your box has enough volume, and depth. I'd look for some ssds or sa10s. That's just me though. I've never heard an AQ before, so I can't really comment on it.

Is your enclosure sealed or ported? If ported, what tuning? If your sealed, I'd simply port the box, or build a new one. That would be much cheaper and be a big improvement.

Edited by stefanhinote
sighl.jpg

sealed

Can you build a new box, or add an aero port to the current one? This would be a big improvement in terms of output with your current driver.

You could do this, see if it's enough output, if not order a new driver and use ported enclosure for even more output.

Food for thought. On paper, ported will be 3dB louder, which is twice as loud. Obviously other things will affect this change in output, but you would still see a gain, certainly noticeable.

sighl.jpg

well i argued this forever on the forums before i build my box i know nothing bout porting i know aero ports you are post to get most quality out of but if i gave you measurements to my box would you tell me what size aeroport you think i should get??

well i argued this forever on the forums before i build my box i know nothing bout porting i know aero ports you are post to get most quality out of but if i gave you measurements to my box would you tell me what size aeroport you think i should get??

You can calculate port length, diameter, and tuning as long as you have your enclosure volume, which you already stated.

But yeah post dimensions so we know what your port length constraints are. May have to use a pvc elbow for the port.

But yeah a 4" aero port would probably be good. Lemme make sure it has enough port area, I'll post back in a bit.

sighl.jpg