Sundown Audio

Sub wiring question

mken4392

I have a 2 channel Kenwood amplifier and going to run an alpine type-r off of it at two ohms. Am i better off getting a 2 ohm sub and using 1 channel to power each voice coil or should I bridge the amplifier and use a 4 ohm sub and wire it down to the final 2 ohms? Thanks in advance!

Idk if that kenwood will be able to support 2ohms in each channel

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

i useto run dvc subs with 1 coil on each channel, but if u took a dual 4ohm sub and wired it to 2ohm the amp will prolly get hot and cut off, ied get a dual 2ohm and wire it to 4ohm bridged and u should be fine

ive ran some amps below 4ohm bridged but it was different tho

like my buddies setup, 2 mtx 4500 12's single 4ohm, he had it wired to a kicker 800.2 bridged @ 2ohm and his lights would dim like hell and amp would shut off, i wired it to 8ohm and it was louder than 2ohm and amp dont even get warm lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

my buddies has this same amp and he was running dual 4ohm wired to 4ohms and it sound pretty good other then the fact that the subs locked up lol

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

Archived