'91 Civic hatchback wall build

Been getting a little cosmetic work done in the back (hey, who doesn't take pride in how their rear end looks, huh?).

Finally threw some carpet on the back of the box:

SANY00011.jpg

Hooking up a Rockford 300.1 (I know, it's a mono amp, but hey, we had it sitting around.......might as well use it) for our Memphis 6.5" door speakers:

SANY00061.jpg

Installing fuse holders for the AP15001D amps:

SANY00051.jpg

Starting to get the wiring cleaned up and ready to put the amp rack back in:

SANY00081.jpg

SANY00071.jpg

SANY00131.jpg

That's all for now. We'll get another (stereo) amp for the mids at some point. It's not really a priority right now. They do sound nice and clean off this amp, but...............it's mono!

Ok, we did some more testing today. We hooked up one of our extra batteries last night (still have one more to go), messed with some settings, and came up with this number:

photo1.jpg

Much better than what it was doing last time I tested. I believe the extra battery helps the amp put out a little more power before it starts to clip. We tested for a good hour, and never smelled woofer, or heard audible clipping. The numbers still aren't what I feel the system is capable of, but it's getting better.

Oh, and since we finally got a good song to play in our frequency range (thanks fecupe2001!!), I wanted to simulate the SB4 run we did last week at the USACI show in OKC. We only did a 144 up there (30 second average on music). We knew that was nowhere near where it should have been, but we weren't prepared with the proper music to play. So today we threw the meter in the kick and took a 30-second average, just like in USACI's SB4 class. Here is the outcome of that run:

photo11.jpg

It feels good to make improvements. I know that, as far as numbers go, we are nowhere near the caliber of many SPL systems, but we built a box to play music and get low, and it DEFINITELY does that (see the video on page 4). We will never compete seriously with this system, so it's all just a game to us at this point.

And we are having a blast with it!

Quit slow playin this thing and get it all hooked up. I'm ready to see what this dude will really do.

1998 GMC ZR2

5" BDS suspension lift, 2" bodylift with 33" tires

1- Alpine iDA-X305SBT headunit w/imprint

2- DD 9500 18's dual 4's

2- DD S2b 2700 watts Each of old school class A/B power

1- DD S4b 4 channel for mids and highs

1- CDT HD 20th anniversary componet with upstage kit

2- CDT ES 6 3/4" mids for midbass in doors. Hopefully in the near future I will be adding 2 more to each door

1- DC Power 270XP alternator

2- stinger 1500d batteries

all interconnects are from stinger also

Quit slow playin this thing and get it all hooked up. I'm ready to see what this dude will really do.

Now you listen here, I'm doin all I can do right now! Good things take time! Lol!

Hey, at least I've got my system playing..................

Gotcha on that one, didn't I? :-)

Archived