DC Sound Lab

Enclosure tuning help

Need help building a port for my box that will have 3 xl 18s. It's 17.8 cuft before displacements. What I want is a rectangle port tuned around 40hz for competing and a port tuned to 28hz that I can slip into the existing 40hz port for daily. Is this possible??? Does anyone know how much port area it should have? The daily port will have to be .75 shorter in hieght and 1.5 shorter in width to slip into the burp port.

If I made my port 8.75 tall an 35 wide is that 308.5^ inches of port. If I make it 16 inches deep will it be tuned to 40hz?????? And my daily port would have to be tuned to 30hz 8 tall an 33.5 wide 268^ in of port 34 deep??? I want to tune to 28 or 27hz but port would be to long to fit because enclosure is only 38 in deep. I'm a complete noob at calculating this stuff so I could be wrong

Edited by Wynndiesel

You'll have to bend the port to make the length you need like an L. If you make a thiner port you can shorten the length of it. You also need to make sure that port wall keeps the same width all the way.

06 Monte Carlo

Motorola T605

Alpine CDA 9886

Polk mids and highs

Yellow top

2 XS Power D975

Knukoncepts 0 gauge

1 DC Audio 3.5K

1 DC LVL 4XL 15" Thorshammer package