Second Skin Audio

Liquid Nail or Wood Glue

TitebondII ehh? Where can it be bought? Lowes maybe?

do you have to use clamps too? or a nail gun to hold it together while titebondII drys?

Does work good with the mdf?

Yes, any store like that.

I don't use clamps, just screws.

It does work well with mdf because it penetrates the wood.

wood glue.. i use titebond III but i have 2 things of titebong II for my friends builds. screws will hold the wood together til it dries and you can take them out then use liquid nails to fill in the screw holes then when that dries just sand over it. smooth and looks good. good luck

cougarlogobaby.png

2 18's Wall Build Under Construction

My YouTube

2000 Mercury Cougar Build Log

before you build your box/glue it up you need to get some sandpaper with a reletivly low grit and you need to sand the first layer of where your going to glue or else your just going bond it to the first laminated layer

and yes you need clamps

and as a rule of thumb if your doing a big system or decently powered system you use screws

if you have a low powered system if you use glue you can use a brad nailer no problem

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

before you build your box/glue it up you need to get some sandpaper with a reletivly low grit and you need to sand the first layer of where your going to glue or else your just going bond it to the first laminated layer

and yes you need clamps

and as a rule of thumb if your doing a big system or decently powered system you use screws

if you have a low powered system if you use glue you can use a brad nailer no problem

Thanks everyone, been playing with car audio since the late 80's funny how ive learned so much just from this site.

current set up is 2 American Bass HD 15's and A.B. VFL400.1

that box is MDF 1.5" face, tuned to 30-31 hrtz(if i remeber right) i used liguid nails and pre drilled holes for 3" drywall screws.

it hits pretty good but i wanna build something different, i have 2 new JL 6"W3's and wanna build my first T line for them just to see how they sound.

P.S. Sorry for the thread jack

and yes you need clamps

Thanks for the sand paper idea, i have some 80, 180, 240 laying around i was thinking 180 what do u think?

and yes you need clamps

Thanks for the sand paper idea, i have some 80, 180, 240 laying around i was thinking 180 what do u think?

to be honest i'm not 100% sure on whats the best grit i use whatever i have laying around which is mildly course (i donno much bout the grit ratings n shit haha) you just need sand down a 1/16th "

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0