Second Skin Audio

BTL 18" box, does this suffice?

jojo42

I currently have a single BTL 18" wired at 2 ohms on a Soundstream DTR2200.1 in 7.5 cubes. At first I was running the sub off of a zx1000.1d, so I made the box large to make up for my lack of power, now that I have a new amp even though its not much more RMS than the zx, its making the sub bottom out so I figured its time for a recone due to slight coil rub from bottoming out and needing a dual 2 to get the full power out of my amplifier. My question being would 16" high, 41" wide, 25" deep, inch and half mdf for the entire enclose and two 6" aeroports 17" long at 34.5 hertz with two inch and half steel dowl rods for bracing (my father was a welder and I get steel and work at cost) suffice for a single BTL 18" on 2.2k RMS?

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

I currently have a single BTL 18" wired at 2 ohms on a Soundstream DTR2200.1 in 7.5 cubes. At first I was running the sub off of a zx1000.1d, so I made the box large to make up for my lack of power, now that I have a new amp even though its not much more RMS than the zx, its making the sub bottom out so I figured its time for a recone due to slight coil rub from bottoming out and needing a dual 2 to get the full power out of my amplifier. My question being would 16" high, 41" wide, 25" deep, inch and half mdf for the entire enclose and two 6" aeroports 17" long at 34.5 hertz with two inch and half steel dowl rods for bracing (my father was a welder and I get steel and work at cost) suffice for a single BTL 18" on 2.2k RMS?

Oh yea, new box is 5.5 cubes, forgot to mention that.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4

Any help please???

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4

i had mine 1 18 on 3k in 6 cubes no problem

currently have 2 18s in 13.5 cubes tubed to 38 hz ( peaks at 28hz) and i can play 25hz very nicely still.. and not bottom subs out.. i run an AQ3500.1 at .7 to them daily and havent had any problems.... you much have played WAYYYYY under tunning to bottom the sub out lol

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived