Sundown Audio

ap1800

MACnonsence6

might be getting my hands on an ap1800 and im wondering how do i measure what it is putting out at what gain setting so i dont roast my re se 12s with fi recones. i really dont think i could send the amps full rms to them.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

might be getting my hands on an ap1800 and im wondering how do i measure what it is putting out at what gain setting so i dont roast my re se 12s with fi recones. i really dont think i could send the amps full rms to them.

If you have the proper electrical, it will do rated power. If you have stock electrical, it likely isn't going to do full power. Set the gain on the amp with a scope. And remember, half gain on the amp DOESNT mean half power.

Unless you invest in the proper equipment, you won't be getting a accurate reading from a clamp. I am assuming this is a semi budget build, so being smart, and playing it safe is the best bet here.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

only thing stock about my eletrical will be my 90 amp alt planning 1/0 big 3 to a redtop upfront then 1/0 to a second bat in the back trying to figure out what size im gona need in the back to keep voltage good redtop up front is gona be a 800 cca with 100 min reserve time

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

only thing stock about my eletrical will be my 90 amp alt planning 1/0 big 3 to a redtop upfront then 1/0 to a second bat in the back trying to figure out what size im gona need in the back to keep voltage good redtop up front is gona be a 800 cca with 100 min reserve time

Then you won't need to turn the amp up anywhere near clipping. So it should be easy to set by ear if you know you're going to be no where near the top.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived