02 Monte Carlo REBuild, Progress PG 6, DC, SHCA, Rockford

Here is the update from yesterday... Bad weather knocked out my internet so here is the box progress as of this morning.

Left and Right Baffles/Port assembled

DSC_0029.jpg

Bottom and Side pieces have been glued together

DSC_0030.jpg

Another angle of the sides clamped down

DSC_0031.jpg

The baffles and port pieces set off to the side ready to be glued in.

DSC_0032.jpg

Today the box will be put together fully and i will start bondoing to fill in the screw holes and to seal off the edges for paint.

Real quick break for a short update... just took a few minutes to order my 4-chan... Shouldn't be that long before its here. :yahoo:And my wire should be here monday so this should be a pretty good week.

good stuff man! your makin good progress

Car: 1995 Thunderbird

System:

Pioneer deh5100ub HU

Pioneer/Lightning Audio 5x7's

1 Hifonics 1610D amp

2 Obsidian Audio 12's

4cu.ft. box tuned to 30hz

8 farad Boss Audio cap

4 gauge power/ground wire

Youtube

Facebook

Alright fellers... got an update for ya... got the box together and sanded down to make it all nice and even... Caulked up and sealed nice and tight inside. Got the bondo action started up and sandin time for at least the top side.

DSC_0034.jpg

Finishing up the bondo today.. Hopefully I can start painting tomorrow or the next day. And while I'm here me and a buddy are in a mini debate. My plan is to have the subs fire forward with a wall behind the box to sort of seal off the rest of the trunk that will also serve as my amp rack. He seems to think that will sound like crap, but from my mind it makes sense to have the air moving in the cabin and not the trunk... Am I right in saying this?

Lookin good! Which 4 channel did you go with?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived