Hey guys and Gals! i think its time to show off (well, i say show off, theres not alot to boast about, but im chuffed with what ive got so far, and my plans are gunna be awesome!) my system, and my car on here! my car: 51 plate (2001) vauxhall corsa 1.2 (yes, a whole 1200ccs of pure power! :D) called jessica! shes not much to brag about. slow as a carthorse, and a bit beat up in places, but i still love her! shes my first car, and i couldnt be happier!

DSC_0130.jpg

PLANS!: 2 dc audio level 4 10s, rockford amp, XS power battery under the hood aswell as one in the rear, upgrade the big 3 (doing it 2mrow!), new runs of 0awg under the car, new CDT components upfront, as well as a pair of 3 inch drivers in each a pillar. sound good?

Edited by Reaper uk

STEP 1: TWEETER PODS!

alright guys, heres my first task! i didnt document the start of this bit of the build, but here what ive got!

trip to halfords to get some supplies! (fibreglass tissue, resin, and hardener!) and then on with the days work! :) well, firstly i removed the panels from the doors, drilled out the hole for the tweeter, hot glued the flush mouth in, stretched t-shirt material and resined it! unfortunately, i didnt get pics of the first few steps, i wasnt anticipating doing one of these, as my system just wont compare to most of yours, but what the hell, im having fun! :D

all resined up!

DSC_0135.jpg

and the other, with a layer of fibreglass matting!

DSC_0136.jpg

and the tweeter test fitted

DSC_0137.jpg

for my first time ever using fibreglass, im super happy so far! need some filler tomorrow, and then i can smooth them both off.

MAJOR UPDATE! :D

story first, details in a min :) i was browsing ebay, hoping to stumble across a bargain, and boy did i find one! i found a certain sub, in fantastic condition, in a gorgeously made box (a bit tatty, but the box is superb!) :D 45s, angled port, correct dimensions, correct tuning (32 Hz) and bloody good materials used......... and the sub?

DSC_0144.jpg

BOOM! Fi SSD 10! dual 4 ohms, 800watts rms! BEAST! :D now i know its no beat compared to some subs on here, but i just did a quick test, on about 200 watts rms, and i got roof, window, and DOOR FLEX!!! :D :D !!

heres a quick comparison pic to my old, fuel audio STA 10........ monster motor! :D

DSC_0146.jpg

im chuffed, absolutely and completely chuffed........ oh, and the best part? I DIDNT PAY A PENNY FOR THE SUB OR BOX! i swapped for a set of bucket seats, that cost virtually nothing! JACKPOT!

now, what amp to buy, with the money ive saved! :D

Edited by Reaper uk

• 1 month later...