Sonic Electronix

Sup Guys,

So basically i am 16 and about to get my first car and i am looking to buy a system for it. I want something nice and loud and for less than say $700 AU (including wiring and stuff). I'm already guessing what you guys are gonna say to this but i was thinking maybe 2 12" Sony Xplod's (i think they are 380w rms ea?) and i have no idea what amp. Could you guys give me some advice on the Sony Xplod subs and also some ideas as to what amp i should use to run them both? i need an amp that will be easy to get ahold of (something that the local stores might sell).

oh yea and and another few things:

1) The car i am 95% sure i will be getting is a subaru impreza... Will i need to put a new head unit in to be able to run the sub etc?

2) Ok this one is a super rookie question - those nobs you see in videos that people use to turn up the sub, how do you attach these to the amp? or is it the head unit? and are they turning the gain up or what? basically i helped install a new system for a mate the other day (including a new sub) and he wants a nob in his glove compartment that he can use to turn the sub up and down like in the videos and he/I have no idea how to wire/install one...

Anyway, Thank-You for your help in advance,

Alex.

The remote bass control knob is something that is usually included with your purchase of an amplifier. I don't mean to bash on Sony Xplod subwoofers but you can do a lot better for your price range and if the head unit on the Subaru Impreza has RCA pre-outs then you don't need a new head unit.

Edited by Kevin

You were thinking we were going to offer 2 12 sony xplods??? :facepalm:

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Alright well for 700$

are you stuck on certain size woofers? i mean do you want us to start building you the best system for the money?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Alright well for 700$

are you stuck on certain size woofers? i mean do you want us to start building you the best system for the money?

Basically i'm not fussy at all, 700$ is my maximum (prefer to spend a bit less even) but aside from that i dont mind, as long as its loud and easy to find in a fairly local store. however i do like the idea of two 12" subs, whatever brand. but thats just a thought and i can easily change my mind if you have a better idea, especially if its one 12" that is as loud as the 2 sony xplods... (i kind of need the boot space)

Alright well for 700$

Im gunna help him out, over here in Aus we dont got sundown, dc any of the well known brands that you have in America, so you kind of need to name the mainstream brands that nearly all shops sell

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

[quote name=^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1303365873' post='1491532]

Alright well for 700$

Im gunna help him out, over here in Aus we dont got sundown, dc any of the well known brands that you have in America, so you kind of need to name the mainstream brands that nearly all shops sell

thanks, i thought that might be the case...

Alright well for 700$

Basically i'm not fussy at all, 700$ is my maximum (prefer to spend a bit less even) but aside from that i dont mind, as long as its loud and easy to find in a fairly local store. however i do like the idea of two 12" subs, whatever brand. but thats just a thought and i can easily change my mind if you have a better idea, especially if its one 12" that is as loud as the 2 sony xplods... (i kind of need the boot space)

Go in to your Local shops that sell audio like, JB HI FI, Autobarn, Supercheap Auto, strathfield car radio etc. and just start doing some research on what subs and ampps you can get to fit your budget, that would be a start than come back on here and name the list of subs you like and let people on here say what they think would be the better choice

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

[quote name=^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1303366370' post='1491538]

Alright well for 700$

Go in to your Local shops that sell audio like, JB HI FI, Autobarn, Supercheap Auto, strathfield car radio etc. and just start doing some research on what subs and ampps you can get to fit your budget, that would be a start than come back on here and name the list of subs you like and let people on here say what they think would be the better choice

I did that the other day with a friend who wanted a really cheap sub (ended up buying a "fusion" 12" <_< )

but yea i think i will do that again.

Any ideas for amps that would run 2 380w rms subs (the two sony xplods i was talking about) out of interest (i just want to see how much that would all cost me)